pepsi in glass bottle???

well, the other day i was craving an ice cold pepsi from a glass bottle just like it used to be 8-10yrs ago. Well, WTF happened. I started looking and i dont think im going to find any local.

What happened to the pepsi cola in a glass bottle???

That hasn’t been around in years. Last time I remember seeing it was at least 10 years ago. It may have been around longer, but not in my life. :frowning:

yea man, been gone for years. it was about 100x better in a glass bottle though. ironically i was just talking about this with someone not too long ago

edit: coke does have some in glass mini bottles though, but pepsi in glass bottle > *

werd

I wish they’d bring it back. My grandparents always used to have the stuff

we still have about 20 cases of the glass bottles in my dad’s garage. they are prob flat as fuck though

nah my dad had a case from when he got married, like 27 years ago in the basement. he had one not too long ago and said it tasted normal.

When I worked at Coca Cola a few years back in the service dept. I asked the same question. I guess they had a shit load of problems stacking the bottles with out breaking them before and after they were filled. I know coke does it sometimes but very little

hey talking about coke, does anyone remember the clear coke ?

pop only loses its carbonantion if its opened.

or if the seal isn’t air tight…very little air escaping/entering over 20 years will make pop go flat…

some places still sell it in glass bottles… old town in florida has a store with it.

:slight_smile:

^^ you can get pop in glass bottles in several other states, just not in NY. also - just jump across the border and you can get some in Canada. my g/f for me some sweet 6 packs of glass bottled coke a couple years ago… i wanted to save some but that shit is so good… ended up pounding all of them down.

Coke does it around christmas time. The red 6 pack carton with santa on it and glass bottles.

Yeah, I liked that stuff.

You can find it out west and in certain places down south.

Just run to Fiji. All the pop was in glass bottles. :tup:

The reason you see it in Miami, and other areas of Florida is because they import it from another bottling factory out of the country.

Some of the vacation islands will have the glass bottled coke and pepsi, and they taste sweeter because they use cane sugar, not whatever they use here.

Places like cuba, and the bahamas have the glass bottled coke and pepsi.

I was actually listing to an NPR segment on this subject.

The places in the south import it from mexico for nostalgia, and people in the states are willing to pay a premium for it.

Here’s an article…

http://www.santacruzsentinel.com/archive/2006/March/19/local/stories/01local.htm

Last I heard it was available somewhere (bottled) in NC, but I never found any at the few places I went down there. In VA I did find 7up, A&W, Nehi, Sun Drop, Cheerwine, and all kinds of other pop in the old style glass bottles, although they all have twist-off caps so lazy Americans don’t need an opener.:stuck_out_tongue: Popping a cap off a bottle of Coke on a fence post in front of the Jackrabbit on Rt 66 was about as old school as it gets.

all over the place here:gotme:

think I might even have some in the fridge ha