Animated header i made for my band's MS page... (edit)

EDIT:

http://www.onyxsyndicate.com/Newman/MISC/rooftops_ani.gif

All done w/ Photoshop, the worst animation tool ever…

no it plays out as a movie from start to finish… you could make it really long … but that would just suck…

Look into flash if you want them (It pains me to say that)

i don’t want to try and load the flash. it’s just for the band’s MS header.

javascript + 2 gif images? that would work, but IDk off hand how to do it. Probably easier than gay flash

idk if you can write javascript into MS code…

Why not just make the .gif a bit bigger / longer and run it with the frames you said above? like, make the repeating section so long that no one will ever notice the first section repeating unless they sit there for 30min and watch the .gif?

Because that would make it too big.

clarification of Too big - more bandwith per person viewing the file and more space taken up as storage.

Generally there are quotas say 100mb storage - 500mb bandwidth

basically saying if you have 100mb of content and 5 people view it all, your bandwidth is gone…

so if the file is 2mb and 250 people view it … the bandwidth is gone

Well, Newman, post the file. And then loop that one section for maybe 2 minutes and just compare the file size. When I said 30min, I was exaggerating :slight_smile:

Pretty sure “animated gif maker” will allow you to have multiple layers.

yeah, multiple layers is fine, but you can’t set up a loop schedule, i just made the gif sufficiently long, not too big at 225K…

Located at www.myspace.com/rooftopsoverbuffalo

Thats badass, and 225k isnt bad at all.

thanks, i’m pretty happy w/ the results

i like how it looks

meh, its not bad stylistically, thats pretty badass though, I’d like to see your band play some day

<3 paulo

That looks good. Nice job.