anyone want to move to....

cost of living hardly differs from most other places in the US if your renting, buy a house is a completely different story, as far as style goes there are a fair amount of cookie cutter neighborhoods but theres also a lot of areas that are very different, and traffic 24/7 is mostly LA, traffic in sd isnt as bad as i thought it would be, and theres deffinatly not more ppl that speak spanish than english, a lot of ppl do speak spanish as a 2nd language tho. the rest is true i guess, more with more assholes also comes more nice ppl.

again, as you said, to each their own, but i just dont want ppl getting the wrong idea about the area

i’ve been to torrance a couple of times and loved it…and then you get back into buffalo and feel depressed when the plane lands LOL

so anyone interested?

been checkin it out and renting is CHEAP out there. mostly people with homes and too many empty rooms.

I bought a house they are by far cheaper than new york

san bernardino county is cheaper on rent, and a lot more ghetto. I hope you aren’t into street racing or anything.

Unless your car is basically bone stock, you’re not gonna like California.

Near riverside and San Bernardino? oh man, FUCK THAT.

You’ll br real close to Pomona but have fun in the shithole I.E.

My reasons to stay in Buffalo for a while.

Apartments are more but everything else is similar. Auto parts and service are way cheaper.

ok,here you have no idea what you are talking about. Totally not true.
There are hundreds of multi-million dollar homes nestled in the hills all over the place. VERY diverse landscape.
Almost nothing is flat which makes for some crazy fun driving.

Once again, totally not true. It gets heavy at rush hour almost everywhere.
Where else do you have 6 lane highways where the minimum speed traveled is 70 (no I am not exaggerating or kidding)

there are a lot of hispanics but some areas are more then others. Most really are very nice, helpful, and hard working people. A LOT better the blacks… which you see few of.

Totally not true. Most people here are WAY nicer then in NY.
Another social difference is that people here don’t give a shit who you are or what you are doing. Most are in their own little
world. In Buffalo everyone is in your business and talking shit 24-7. In LA, no one cares and you can live in relative peace.

It is competitive but the fucking amount of technology companies you have to choose from is fucking incredible. EVERYTHING is out here. Boeing, Electronic Arts, Yahoo, ect. Fucking huge list.

Typical whiner bullshit that people use to justify staying in the dumpster they grew up in.

anyone who thinks that buffalo > california is a fucking moron.

i used to live in cali, i prefer it out here

I was born and raised in southern California (Whittier, about 20 min south of LA), and went to college near San Francisco… I prefer some things there and some things here (Rochester).

Rush hour here in Rochester is not even -close- to rush hour in the LA area. I highly doubt it’s close out in Buffalo, either. Visited home over Christmas, and tried to drive a normal 45 minute route during rush hour took nearly 3 hours.

i think you may have taken one too many pucks to the head dude.

I think all you Cali NYSpeeders should take a Vegas trip together and come hang out with me.

Nah,I’d rather try different continents.South America looks like it could be pretty awesome.

Lol

its been steady in the 80s for a while now, low 70s at the worst. while a lot of the houses do look the same, there are also just as many that are different but there all over the place. san diego is HUGE, and i don’t see myself ever moving back. just like original sin, rage and a few others out here said, if you’re renting, almost anywhere you’ll be paying the same price. buying though, that’s a whole different ball game. and the cost of living is so high, cause you’re paying for a better job market, the weather, and all other luxuries. my winter vehicle the past two winters were a cbr600rr.

/.

Chris get me a job with skunk2 and i will move with you. no lie.

LOL violator > d3x

Once i finish my degree in 2 years im going to look at my options elsewhere, but it’d really have to be worth it for me to move out of buffalo. Im a townie :smash2:

yea, dex rly is just a socal hater, its awesome out here, me and notchdc5 spent all day at the beach today