Bought Another Jeep Rescue Truck

2000 F350 XLT CC LB 7.3L 4X4

Black over silver.

Grey cloth interior, power everything.

6" Skyjacker lift, blocks in rear, 3" body lift.

39.5x13.5x16 IROKS on American Racing wheels. Mudding tires are 37x12.5x16 TSL Swampers on stock aluminum wheels, and my snow tires are 32x9x16 Hakkas on stockers as well.

Tonnau cover, bedliner, 125k miles. It is originally from Tennessee so its spotless underneath, everything is solid. Undercoating it next weekend maybe, and debating on painting it all black, or orang’ing the bottom, like the Harley trucks. I might just leave it… the silver is nice. It has all the Harley badging off of the Harley trucks. Looks pretty good. Sorry, I don’t have a decent pic these are from my phone today.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y9/JACK1992VR4/F350/side2.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y9/JACK1992VR4/F350/side1.jpg

I’ll get some better ones after I wash it. or get it dirtier… not sure yet

I posted a want ad for performance crap for this thing. No sense in buying new, this type of stuff gets ripped off of trucks everyday before trade-in. Let me know what you have.

Fuck yA!
Looks like your old one. I like it

now thats a truck, nice choice!

OMG a bigger and better recovery truck for me!!! haha

lets hope i stop breaking shit so we can actually go off-roading some day instead of u dragging me around!

Didn’t you just sell a red one like that? Why did you sell your old one?

cool

this one has a real motor… :slight_smile:

wowo thats a lot of truck from what i can see looks like a lot of fun

I sold the red one for a little profit and to get what I wanted…

Also, I always wanted a black crew cab - long bed. The red one was a Ext cab short bed.

The diesel is just a bonus I guess. The tank I just filled up was over $100, so I’m hoping I get better than 12-14mpg.

I’m going to experiment with bio and veggie and see where that gets me, but a programmer and some better breathing will be next.

I won’t abuse it as much as the last one… the V10 really tore shit up off road, I don’t think this one will be as forgiving. We’ll see though after its undercoated.

The truck behind mine in pic 2 is the same thing, only stock ride height… mine is about a foot higher.

only thing that will change your off roading abilities will be the fact that you have a shit ton more weight over the front axle. However with tires that big it should help, but just be careful with soft ground it can sink pretty fast.

will work great as a recovery vehicle, time for a big ass winch

reminds me of my buddies truck back in Vermont except his is a V-10. I think his is ~11" of lift running 38.5
http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc214/vt1992s10/jamesV-10.jpg

the sweet thing is some of the power upgrades u can do get you better MPG’s too!

man all these off road type threads are making me want to keep zuk finish it and wheel the snot out of it.

Geez that thing is HUGE

That’s awesome. What sorta price range did it end up being in? I’ve been saying for a while that my next truck has to be diesel…

that thing is awesome

First off… thanks for the compliments guys… looking forward to getting some decent pics up, becausethis truck really is beautiful.

Well… with 9" of lift and 39.5x13.5s it rubs up and down in the wheel wells with about 5-6" travel, and then it rubs on the leaf springs from the steering from lock to lock. The 37s will have no rubbing issues at all, so I will probably use those when we get muddy. Plus, I don’t like the IROKS and I’ve heard nothing but bad things about them.

I’m in the process of finding some stuff now. I want the right parts the first time, so I’m not buying and selling to get it the way I want. Def looking forward to 400+ HP and 800+ TQ though… I’m going to need a tranny for that though :wink:

I bought the truck for $16,000. Asking price was $18,500. Bluebook for stock is $16,000 for this area in great condition. Because this is a southern truck, it is in stellar condition. Also, ~$5,000 has been invested into this thing in the last 2.5 years… mods depreciate, but not that much. It does have a couple problems that don’t have to be addressed immediately, but will be ASAP. A broken leaf spring. Not broken in a critical part, but a busted leaf is never a good idea. Worn carrier bearing… eh, when it bothers me or lets go I’ll spend the $60 on the bearing. Needs the tires rotated, and an alignment… but I’ll be putting the snow tires on soon, and then the alignment for winter.

Truck makes great power for being stock and moves pretty well for 4.10:1 gears and a lot of tire. 17psi is almost instant and the tranny feels great. First mods will be “freebies” which will be swapping the air filter fo rthe cheaper and more efficient 6637, as well as removing the muffler… I don’t have a resonator/catalitic converter on the truck, so it will be straight through from the turbo to the tailpipe. Monster exhaust might be a christmas present for myself. :slight_smile:

Will update again with good pics, and maybe some video.

very very very very nice truck. hauls ass.

seriously mucho kudos for finding this thing

I’d rather be cummin than strokin. HAHA had to.

Awesome truck. straight pipe it… trust me… the powerstrokes get a mean exhaust whistle if you do…

The diesel is such a better engine than the v10 for powering those massive tires.

HERE is said exhaust whistle: http://youtube.com/watch?v=DeATxmtezek

My buddy from Hs that lives down the road chopped his muff, and it soundes badass. Thats next for me. I seriously got off the phone with him like 20 minuts ago

Can’t wait.