Car culture blows my mind.

You would make it home for dinner a lot more if you didn’t write a novel every time you had an opinion on here… LOL Sorry, was too easy of a shot.

they are. And again, like rat rods and budget built hot rods… can be one in the same but totally different. I also dont care too much for pile of shit rat rods. Like chopping a roof, pop-corn welding the seam, and letting it rust away on a “true” rat rod. It really doesnt take alot more money or effort to take your time welding it, grinding it and blocking out some filler on it so it looks finished properly… even if its getting a maaco paint job over it.

ANND those rat guys tend to pride themselves on sticking to an erra, or a concept to a T. Putting a Miller Lite beer tap on a shifter of a clean grocery getter is so far left field. You dont see rat-rod guys putting carbon fiber hoods on their cars do you?

WRONG AGAIN. I am at my day job, then its off to CRC to miss dinner. :slight_smile:

but +rep I see the lol :number1

ANNNNNNNNNNd That’s the whole point, Who fucking cares if they did??? it’'s not yours, your shop didn’t do the work, your name isn’t plastered on it, and your hard earned money didn’t go into it. Life is that much better when you finally take a step back, and start not giving a fuck about anything that isn’t truly important or doesn’t directly concern you.

Who the fuck cares isnt in my vocabulary. hahahah

your definition of isnt truly important or doesn’t directly concern me is going to be different than mine. Much like people who see the grass is greener when it has an ugly ass half green half rusted body.

We will never win one way or another, this thread was written to spark a conversation. :slight_smile:

which it did.

I’m with donnie on this one. Only thing that gets under my skin is the civic, integra kids that have multiple VTEC stickers all over the car. But to quote the great Toretto “i appreciate a fine body regardless of the make and model”

yep, it is a conversation starter. And I can totally see your point. Not to mention, I give you much respect because your skills are 1000000 times better than mine, and you get to do what you love. So keep on keepin on bro, and either way we all still have fun with the cars we own and drive…

werd to big bird! And thanks for the complements bro. glad you didnt think i was hounding or what ever… just keeping the content flowing and ideas moving on Shift. thats all. :shift

wait, F+F isnt cool???

fuuuuck

Dammit. Know what would post these comments faster, and therefore save more time for you to get home if in fact you made these comments at the CRC shop. Your OWN DAMN ROUTER!!! LOL

I am consuming NYENET’S bandwidth right now, believe me, its just as bad as TWC’s :rofl

the DSL at the shop is Verizon, and it fucking succcccckkkkks too! cant even watch trailer park boys on youtube without it buffering every 3 minutes

I was watching part of the 2nd FATF movie at the hotel bar on Sunday night and was thinking damn those cars looked ridiculous- the gold Evo and the purple Eclipse.

I had the little zipzap rc car of that Evo, and I was working at walfart back then hahaha F&F will always be cool. Hector’s Civic in F&F1 awww yeah

The only problem I have is everyone is doing the same shit. Its like you must do x, y and z to your car or it wont fit in. Everybody has to take their steering wheel off, everybody has to have the exact same retarded camber and wheel offset, everybody has some stupid flashy towhook. There isn’t really any originality here, and well isn’t that the whole point of “art”, unless what you are trying to express is “I cant think for myself so I just copy what everyone else is doing”.

And I think modding a car and doing a shitty job makes it look about 1000x worse than if you just left it stock. At least a rough looking older car can look kind of cool without someone going and fucking it up worse with half assed mods. That Cressida would have been way nicer if they did the engine stuff and then left the old beater body as it was.

But some of the cars in the feature were pretty nice actually. I like this miata, like a re-imagined british roadster. Especially like the soft top and the wooden steering wheel. The tow hook poking out the hood is really stupid though.

http://cdn.speedhunters.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/Slammed_Society_Spotlights-18.jpg

This one is nice too.

http://cdn.speedhunters.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/Slammed_Society_Spotlights-06.jpg

I might not like stretched and stanced, stickerbombed, rusty hooded imports, but I’m pretty fucking psyched when anyone gets into cars. My taste is constantly evolving, and I can appreciate something new or different. Yes, there’s a lot of shit work out there on imports. There are also lots of butchered hot rods and customs.

I don’t really give a fuck if what I like is popular, or if Flatbrim Douchejeans thinks my car sucks and his 528e is the tits. At least he’s playing with cars instead of making shitty music or making gay YouTube videos.

http://i.imgur.com/EULoi.jpg

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4113/5021717662_bb52cc3202.jpg

The only thing that matters in my mind is taking time to work on something to make it how you want it. Build stuff how you want and who cares what anyone thinks or says. In the end its your car, money, and time. I drive a a4 on air everyday. Get made fun of and also get thumbs up wherever I go. Don’t care either way I built it, its what I want, and it drives me where I need every day. My plymouth has been drawn on paper and will be using things I never did before simply to see how they function. In the end however I hope people do like the car and I hope to make lots of american dollars off it.

Function > trend. The problem that I have with trends is that it turns people from car builders into copycats. All(most) of these chicdudes with rusted hoods and broken wheels only do/like it because it happens to be the trend today. They sure as shit weren’t buying every anodized purple part they could find and stretching rubberband tires on rims that don’t fit before, because they were too busy with ugly bodykits and spraypainting their dashs, which just happened to be the trend they were following at that time. In a few years this will all be made fun of and then they’ll follow the next trend that they “like”. Just like in 10 years when these same chicdudes will be looking back at themselves wearing girl pants, and feel the same way as the guys who wore Jnco’s/Ufo pants look back at themselves in shame now. Silly stuff.

I would be lying if I said I liked most car fads , butttt in the end its what keeps the hobby going man . New shit that some like and some hate is what started this shit really . So ill just sit here and do my thing and let them do theirs .

I thought prohibition started the car modding scene?!?!