channel 4 news tonight 11/6 @11pm v. drama for my dad

The story is up on wivb.com now

http://www.wivb.com/Global/story.asp?S=5644784

Smell that…

Smells like a cover-up to me.

Dr. Joseph Gardella: “Instead of hiring a consultant to figure out a process that doesn’t create smoke, they should hire a consultant that’s going to tell them to capture it so it doesn’t get emitted.”

+1

:tspry:

nice vid…

subscribed for later read…

“the video you requested is unavailable for viewing.”

Correct me if I’m wrong, but if the story just aired, why did they pull the video this soon?

Best quote from the article:

Dr. Joseph Gardella: “Instead of hiring a consultant to figure out a process that doesn’t create smoke, they should hire a consultant that’s going to tell them to capture it so it doesn’t get emitted.”

I was able to view the video just now.
It looks like a passivation process to “clean” the metal parts.
I hope they weren’t my parts.:smiley: j/k
Why didn’t they say anything about the paint damage?
The report just looked like people didn’t know if it was bad or not.

if i knew how to get something off of my dvr and onto my cpu, that would be great. anyone know how to do it? my dad wants to make copies to send out. then i could prolly figure out a way to get it hosted too

paint damage has nothing to do with why my dad is doingit. it is only the reason why he decided to look into it. like i said, the car is sunk cost and he feels more obligated to look into the hazards then try and recoupe his losses.

and as far as not knowing if it is bad or not…that is still to be determined because they wouldnt say what was being exhausted from 3 different locations, and the DEC never enforced them having to report it. it could very well be something non harmful, as far as a concentration issue, but still my dad would really like to know

You can’t pull things directly off of your DVR to computer because they scramble the feed. Unless you hack your DVR box (Linux and some other stuff, can’t remember), or you ditch the DVR and start using TIVO, there is no easy way to transfer DVR recorded media directly to computer in a viewable format.

It just worked for me :gotme:

Sounds like the DEC is turning their cheek when it comes to figuring out what is going on.

And like Audios said…harmful or not people have a legal right to know.

Have you contacted OSHA?

i am not sure if my dad called them or not. would they really have pull here?
my dad had called the EPA, erie county health director, councilmen, senators…they all said DEC is the end all be all on this subject. so now we are going to send a letter with some footage to the federal branch…but we were told that even then, fed ad state regulations differ, so in this case the state even has the final word

The one guy in the video complained about breathing it in, has anyone gone to a doctor with any symptoms?
That might prompt some testing.

Actually, with human contact, hydrofluoric acid is VERY dangerous. Unlike other acids, which “burn” and create a protective layer of dead skin, HF will penetrate the tissues and not stop until it can bind with something else. Usually, that means it’ll get down to the bones and bond with the calcium there (remember fluoride for teeth? Same idea).

I’ve had to treat several HF burns and that stuff HURTS. Washing it off doesn’t help much. I’ve even had to do an IV calcium drip once to keep the stuff from going deeper.

I never said it wasn’t dangerous. I simply said it wasn’t a strong acid–which it is not.

Very interesting. Props to your dad man for not putting up with this bullshit. I hope it all works out for the best.

I think OSHA would be concerned about the safety of the workplaces involved. It’s worth a shot. I don’t know if my father knows of any names of OSHA reps in the area (he is a HR/safety manger at Perry’s and consults for a safety compliance company). I’ll print this and ask him.

After seeing the video I would definately get some air monitors setup.

my dad said he contacted osha…they said they wont do anything, it isnt their bag.

he called some lawyers…somewhat famous ones who deal with these cases nationally…one of them being the guy who represented the defendants in the love canal suit. lol he is already representing GCF and providing coucil for them on this matter. thats 4 law firms my dad has called and they have conflict of interest due to being hired by GCF. wow my dod totally got beat to the punch…but doesnt that seem a little fishy “there is nothgn wrong with what we are doing, the stuff is safe, but we have a ton of lawyers just in case” oh man thats funny

air sampling process is in the works, we will see what it shows