Credit Card processing

For those of you who accept credit cards for payment at your business, who do you use for a merchant? Were paying too much with out current company and they added too many BS fees.

My parents place uses E3 payments systems…not sure how they compare though.

I use either merchant services through my credit union(sunmark), or with that new square thingy. Actually works quite nicely for in-person transactions.

I have been interested in the square thingy. Currently getting raped at 5% for most transactions but no machine fees so idk if that is good or not

square is like 2.9% or something and the little cube thing and software are free. takes all of five minutes to setup once you have your bank account # and routing #

I got a thing in the mail for the square today thats why I’m asking. 2.75% per swipe but I manually enter all the CC payments, and that rate is 3.5%

Yes but no monthly service fee for having a cc reading machine in the office. Set the square account up, I think you’ll like it.

I use the square because it is a nice set rate that I don’t have to worry about what each card will charge. But I try to stick to just swiping. I received a thing in the mail for some merchant services that I’m going to look into. The rates are similar, and they give me a free card machine… but, something seems too good to be true.

Always going to get raped for manual entered transactions, more of a security risk for both you and the processing company should a bogus card ever be used and need to be reversed as you are supposed to have proof of ID when doing CC transactions.

mercury payments was always good to me.