DRIFT1 Drift School - May 25th Shannonville

Ya, I’m also on the same page on that as well.

" There is a separate track event on the same day at Shannonville; Official post will be up soon; but here’s the initial info…

ONI JDM Drift / CSCS Practice/Qualifier (Not a spectator event)

Sunday May 25 2008 @ Shannonville Motorsport Park - 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
$95.00 Pre-Registered Before May 18 (Includes a spectator pass for CSCS Season Opener)
$125.00 After May 18 or at the track (Limited spots available, pre-register to confirm your spot) "

Unfortunately Bing,

Track time on the weekends at Shannonville is at a Premium and this is the last sunday available until I think August for full day.

Also, I think it’s one of the only weekends available period without having 5 - 8pm events.

We understand the BINGS event seems to be BIG but, we’ve been working on this day for quite a while. We were throwing it around since Mid January.

NOTE :
This is going to be like 2 seperate events.
Event 1) Drift School on Skidpad
Event 2) FREE DRIFT PLUS CSCS qualification on Tracks

Due to the large sums of money invested into the event, it might and I say might, if need be, be easier to move the date of your event.

One of them has to change seriously or i will be heart broke :frowning:

i vote that bings meet be pushed to aohter weekend or even the day before.
i want to go to this track day, i missed the year opener last year cause i wrote off my car and now i wanna be at both…this seriously sucks.

I’m personally all about tracktime this season, but if bing’s meet got moved i’m not opposed to making the trip to meet some fellow 240ers. Looks like a really fun gathering from past pictures.

i’m well aware that this date was only confirmed with Shannonville last week, 2 weeks after i softly announced the date for my meet.

perhaps CSCS folks should return thier phone calls so this wouldnt happen.

besides, making a single shannonville date a mandatory one for the rest of the CSCS is silly anyways, since as i alluded to already, dozens of people, regardless of whether there is another event, are simply not able or willing to go that far anyways.

There are 2 other methods of entering DMCC than the standard licensing process, it would be unreasonable if that were not the case for a lesser series.

Well i hope it gets worked out becasue ide love to go to both… but if it came down to it i wanna do the qualifer for cscs before anything. the point you bring up bing about this being the only way into cscs i agree,but then there is the issue of track time on the cscs date to quailfy and do the event on the same day. So i can see why they have to do it like this… also eveyone should have to quailfy for cscs regardless if they won or not in past years… if they did that i mean how far should they go to let people in on a “free pass” for this year ?

i guess should have talked more about sheduleing at the driver meeting lol, oh well i hope it gets worked out so people can attend both …somehow…

There seems to be a lot of confusion on this post. Hopefully this clears some stuff up.

For starters on May 25 we have rented both sides of the track and the skidpad. The Drift1 school will be on the skidpad. The CSCS Open drift practice/qualifier will be on the road coarse.

In regards to Bings meet i was unaware that he had scheduled it for the 25. I will contact him about it but dont expect him to move his date.

Pre-Registration is now open on our website www.cscs.ca for the events listed below. For those of you interested in competing in the series please email me at chris@cscs.ca so I can add you to the email list. We send out email blasts to keep drivers updated about any changes and highlights. We are currently working on many prizes for everyone competing, not just the top drivers. The days are structured to cater for everyone from Ontario’s top drifters to drivers who have never drifted or been to the track. So don’t be intimidated to come out.

• Seasons Pass - Pre Pay for all three Practice/Qualifying days and SAVE!!! $260 for three full days of track time.
  • Referral Program – Have a friend pre-register for a CSCS Practice/Qualifying event who did not compete last year and we will deduct an additional $15 off your pre-reg. price. Get 6 friends and your drift for free.

Here is the CSCS schedule (the may 25 day is only to qualify for the June 1 event, not the whole season)

Event #1
ONI JDM Practice/Qualifier (Not a spectator event)
Sunday May 25 2008 @ Shannonville Motorsport Park - 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
$95.00 Pre-Registered Before May 18 (Includes a spectator pass for CSCS Season Opener)
$125.00 After May 18 or at the track (Limited spots available, pre-register to confirm your spot)

Details:
9:00 am - 12:00 pm - Open Drift Practice on Nelson
12:00 pm - 2:00 pm - Open Drift Practice on Fabi
2:00 pm - 3:00 pm - CSCS Season Opener Qualifying Judged Passes
(Additional Fee of $20 to attempt to qualify)
3:00 pm - 4:00 pm - Driver Feedback from judges
4:00 pm - 5:00pm - Full Track Open Drift Practice

Event # 2
CSCS Season Opener
Sunday June 1 2008 @ Toronto Motorsports Park, Cayuga - 9:30 am - 7:30 pm
$40 Must have Qualified on May 25

Details:
To compete at this event you must have Pre-Qualified during the ONI JDM drift day on May 25. Drivers will be given a 2 hour morning practice session. With only 16 drivers this will allow ample time for practice. Eliminations will take place periodically throughout the day, all drivers are invited to stay till the end of the day and participate in the 15 min. Drift Freestyle Expo.

Event #3
CSCS Beach Burnout (Not a 2008 CSCS Drift Championship points event)
Sunday June 22 2008 @ Grand Bend Motorplex - 11:00 am - 7:00 pm
$30 No Pre-Qualification (Park Admission Additional)
This is a gymkhana event.

Event #4
Intense Motorsports Drift Practice/Qualifier (Not a spectator event)
Sunday July 27 2008 @ Dunville Autodrome - 1:00 pm - 8:00 pm
$95.00 Pre-Registered Before July 20 (Includes a spectator pass for CSCS Season Opener)
$125.00 After July 20 or at the track (Limited spots available, pre-register to confirm your spot)

Event #5
CSCS Xtreme Tuner Challenge
Satuday August 9 2008 @ Toronto Motorsports Park, Cayuga - 9:30 am - 7:30 pm
$40 Must have Qualified on July 27

Event #6
CSCS Drift Practice/Qualifier (Not a spectator event)
Sunday September 21 2008 @ Dunville Autodrome - 1:00 pm - 8:00 pm
$95.00 Pre-Registered Before September 14 (Includes a spectator pass for CSCS Season Opener)
$125.00 After September 14 or at the track (Limited spots available, pre-register to confirm your spot)

Event #7
CSCS Season Finale
Sunday October 6 2008 @ Toronto Motorsports Park, Cayuga - 9:30 am - 7:30 pm
$40 Must have Qualified on Sept. 21

Hey Chris, what about the issue of those who have qualified in the prior season or for those that even made it to the top 3? I think those who have made it to at least top 5 or 6 should be already qualified to allow a larger diversity of drivers to get into the series. That’s just my opinion though.

Oh, what are the details on the tires? PM :wink:

The only way you can get into DMCC are the following:

1. If you already have a DMCC license from the previous season

2. Write a letter of appeal explaining why you should be allowed into DMCC

3. Compete in the Drift Ops Pro-Am Series (not the same as CSCS) this season and be rewarded a DMCC license for the next season.

Wayne, let’s hear some details on the Driftops Pro-AM Series!

I havent ordered you tires yet Matt Lamperd just put in his order, and Chris and Jesse will hopefully put there orders in this week.

We are currently looking at ways to have the top 3 guys pre-qualified but nothing is set in stone yet

The instructors will be on the skidpad. The more advanced guys will be on the track.

that’s what i mean… there are 3 ways…

letter of appeal or pre-qualification are the other two ways i alluded to.

There are a great many people that are able and willing to compete in CSCS but cannot, and certainly not 3 times anyways, make it to shannonville. It cuts the potential driver’s field down considerably.

FYI, i have hidden some posts in this thread pending some further conversation.

It is in everyone’s best interest if we dont conflict with each other’s events, and better still if we all work together.

We are going to make some steps towards that end in the next few days and see what we can come up with.

whats the skid pad look like anybody got a map layout of the place? ive never been to shanonville before so id like to know what it looks like

Yeah, kinda looked funny now that I think about it.

Registration has not been open to long, We already have 4 guys registered who never competed in CSCS previously…register now to save your spot!!

Signed up!

The skidpad is rectangular and freshly paved; somthing like 3-4 football lengths; so it’s pretty big and open… Lots of people are signing up!