Dubai has a message for those who don't believe that bigger is better.

Meh, there are nicer buildings, architecurally, but that is pretty bad ass. I want to visit Dubai someday.

wait wat.

And LOL at the title. Bastards. :lol:

Meh, there are nicer buildings, architecurally, but that is pretty bad ass. I want to visit Dubai someday.

Meh, there are nicer Dubaii, bad ass, but that is pretty architecurally. I want to visit buildings some day.

Meh, there are nicer bad ass, Dubai, but that is pretty buildings. I want to visit architecurally some day.

:lol:

Dubai,meh, architecurally is pretty bad ass, but I want buildings to visit me someday.

You ever say/read something so many times it starts to lose it’s meaning entirely?

Whats the over/under on when that building falls?

Gotta see it before then.

??

You ever say/read something so many times it starts to lose it’s meaning entirely?

Dubai is awesome from what friends of mine in EU have told me.

This one is pretty bad ass…

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/ae/Burj_al_Arab2_SvG.jpg

probably the heaviest sail boat ever, i bet it doesnt even move

They already have. Its called Brampton. :drama2:

I believe that is the only 6 star hotel in the world.

Which going to the hotel page… a King delux suite is only 1K a night… for the best hotel in the world, that seems totally reasonable

brampton = bramladesh as we say in Ontario…

I’m surprised that an american would actually know this. Had i posted it i’m sure everyone would have thought it was a conspiracy theory as with all other truths that don’t align with whatever you get fed.

However, even that explanation, real estate being the primary driver of Dubai’s economy, is not the primary reason, it is a symptom.

Dubai; like delaware, the caymans, the bahamas, and especially Liechtenstein, are and were strategically developed as corporate tax havens. I dont have the ratio on Dubai, but in Liechtenstein the number of corporations calling it home more than doubles the national population. The tax revenues and subsequent participation of these corporations in the economies in which they pay their taxes have a crazy impact on the countries or regions.

In that sense, oil money does play a major impact. You have thousands of multi-billionaires throughout the middle east that go to Dubai or Abu Dahbi (similar tax appeal) to reside or house their money and build thier investment portfolios because of the tax implications but also because of the slightly westernized lifestyle, with a towel-head twist.

then there is the las vegas, macau development type mentality… just build the shit and then make the people come.

most of the developments in Dubai are ghost towns despite their grandeur

and buildings of archetexually dubai are visting the me someday

I heard dubai is planning on putting a bid in for the olympics within 20 years, once the dubai sports park is finished.