ErnGotti's 08 EvoX

How do you know so much about his car? You guys boyfriends? Fot critisizing everyone else who makes suggestions about what could be wrong or what to do you seem to do the same thing minus the ball busting.

if it was a warr job , guaranteed it wasnt replaced seein as the clutch is a wear item that isnt warranteed unless it was destroyed

Ernald your clutch is not slipping. If it was slipping I/Shane would have told you immediately after we drove your car at edinburgh

you have put 16k miles on that thing already, dam dude.

Yeah you are right, because the kid cant even use the right terminology so its hard to follow! lol An engine’s output doesnt “slip” it hesitates. Friction surfaces “slip”, clutches, limited SLIP differentials, tires, windshield wipers, your ass in a seat.

First thing he said was, “Derp, I hit teh gasses and da evoh feels like itz slipping”.

WTF, that is a bunch of useless information. What we did, as idiot techs, was made suggestions as to what the hell could be going on to make him feel a “slip”. Its like when idiot users try to tell me they cant print, I have to ask the dumb simple questions first… IS IT EVEN ON?

Since a 90% of this car, and apparently cars in general he has a lot to learn about still, with all the harassment or what ever you call it, I can actually see him learning from all of this. Since now he thinks its a hesitation in engine output, not frictional losses contributing to erratic propulsion.

The X’s, in particular the 2008’s, all hesitate due to their pig-rich factory tune. Mine bucks like a bronco at low RPM’s but it’s hit and miss as far as when it happens. Your hesitation might be a bit more pronounced now due to your added mods. From all the reading I’ve done a tune will take care of this.

has anyone with a good wideband logged any of this? what kind of ration are we talking here? Rolling coal shit or what?

redline dont tune for mitsu

sell the car.

his car is definitely running rich. I could smell it when I was behind him in traffic the other day.

like 11.0 rich, or like 9.0 rich? Becasue one would be shooting out a little black smoke, and smell like fuel with catless exhaust. the other is washing cylinder walls, can causing severe damage.

I still cant see how Mitsu, puts a factory car out, that has to pass emissions, and get decent EPA rated mileage… yet its pig shit rich? EVEN after effectively LEANING out the car, but de-restricting the exhaust, de-restricting the intake… ie huffing in more air.

its completely backwards in my book. fuck if thats the case and this car gets 20mpg now, leaned out and tuned it better get 30mpg!

Also are we talking rich, under boost, or under vac and light loads? two major differences.

I could smell it, but didnt see any black smoke.

He seemed to be taking it easy on the car. no boosting around like a toolbag or anything

If its not pissing out black smoke, either its not really that rich or the cats are soaking up all the unburnt fuel very well. If its a catless exhaust, the smell will be there for just about any car reguardless of how its tuned… but the likelyhood of black smoke (unburnt fuel) would be higher.

also not seeming like its boosting and not boosting are not the same, need logs or real data. Like I have been saying for so long now. ANYONE making modifications to their motors, should be pulling logs and watching shit like a hawk. All he has is a worthless narrow band gauge, and a boost gauge. Doubt he ever saw a single log on a laptop pulled from this car yet.

Its funny how this entire fucking thread looks like a big game of wheres waldo!

Errrrnie. get a fucking wideband, and a laptop. Watch your boost gauge, and then the fancy graph and shit from the wide band’s software. or better yet get the odb2 cable and software for the mitsu ecu, and se exactly whats going on. Its a factory wideband ecu, and its got a map sensor… there is boost and afr side by side in a graph.

/\ real answers

65 pages of everything else here has been spent playing wheres waldo

Mine belches black smoke when I get on it, it even did it when I had the stock cat on it.

and whats your afr?

I don’t have my wideband installed yet. People running similar mods as Ern are posting anywhere between 12.5-14.5.

Which is not on the rich side of things at all for a turbo motor.

damn hittin 14.5 like a boss will get you nowhere fast :lol

I love you guys dont take this the wrong way… but thats exactly what i have been talking about. without knowing the data you are Raycharles in Pamplona running with the bulls!

Get it installed asap, hell PM me, ill tig the bung in and run the wires for you in an hr on my lift.

Exactly. Right in the ball park, somewhat on the lean side actually (under boost)! Also without pulling timing data, who knows how aggressive its tuned… and thats just the basics to worry about.

I will tell ya what, Errrni and Hudson, if you dont have the time or the gauge (ernie) to pull the data, I do and would help you do it for beer money. I have a Innovate wideband 02 and controller (thankfully the retards only stole the gauge from my jetta and didnt take the controller hooked to it! lol). I can put your car on the lift, unbolt the secondary 02 (i know its post cat and not the best place to log from) and screw in my 02 sensor, run the wire threw the window and put the controller into the cig lighter… 15 mins we are logging REAL data. FUCK ill even print you a color graph to take home! lol

yeah that and 26 deg’s of timing and 20psi will get you some sexy pistons too! lol