Feeler: Bringing up TIRES from the US

OK so here’s the deal. Like the topic says this is just a feeler.

I’ve set up a wholesale account with a big wheel/tire distributor in the US

I’ve never placed an order as of now but I want to give it a try.

The prices are great but the shipping and border fees kill it… However, comparing to local prices like Tires23 on an order of 8+ tires there is in most cases a good 15% or more in savings depending on brand, availability, etc.

That said, it’s hard to give a solid number after factoring in everything before placing an actual order so there is only one way to try this and that would be to start looking up some prices.

I don’t have much to compare so even in an effort to help and not with the intention of buying anything post up some make/model/sizes and I’ll try to do some pricing broken down as accurately as possible to get them here.

Most major manufacturers are available such as Kumho, Falken, Yokohama, Goodyear, Hankook, etc… and most models and sizes are also available but no promises!

Just hit me and see what happens - ideally if you ask for a price it will be on something that you know the price if you were to buy local so we can compare this to see if its worth bringing some tires up or not.

//edit//
Here is a list of tire brands available:
BFGoodrich
Bridgestone
Continental
Cooper Tires
Dominator
Dunlop
Falken
Fisk
General
Good Year
Hankook
Kumho
Michelin
Mohave
Nankang
Nitto
Pirelli
Riken
Roadhugger
Uniroyal
Warrior
Yokohama

Oh, can also get wheels from them, not many major brands however 5zigen is there and i’ve already priced out some of those at around 20% cheaper to get to my door than if i were to go to tires23.

//edit// just found my email with more details on this. just as an example I was quoted $1300 on the dot, tax included from Tires23 for some 5zigens…

Same wheels, tax/shipping/border fees included to my door from the US supplier I guesstimate to be around $1050-$1075 which is about 20%.

i need one kuhmo 711 215*45R17 ASAP, please call me if u got have one tire

647-668-2527

PauL

You totally didn’t read my post.

Hey John I might be interested in a set of tires. I would get them shipped to a US address Though and get someone else to bring them over. can that be done???

I’ll look in to drop shipping, give me a make/model/size!

I am looking for a nice 17/45/225 or 235

What you have for me, good price and good performance.

Hey John,

I might be interested in a set of decent all season tires 215/55/16, brand doesn’t really matter to me either.

Benson:
225/45/17 - Nankang NS-1 Performance Summer Radial
Treadwear: 340
Traction: A
Temperature: A
Speed Rating: H

About the NS-1 Radial
Nankang’s new Sport NS–1 is taking the performance market by storm. It offers all the features that ultra high performance tire buyers want at a very affordable price. So whether your driving a tuned Civic, Eclipse, Jetta or 3 Series there is a NS–1 size available in OE and plus sizes.

• Computer designed casing and tread provides a large footprint and minimizes sidewall flex for excellent stability and handling at speed.

• Large circumferential grooves in the tread’s center and directional tread, featuring saber cut blocks, evacuate water for hydroplaning resistance and excellent traction in wet and dry conditions.

• Three–in–one tread design reduces noise while maximizing wet and dry traction.

• Protection bar design prevents damage to your tire’s sidewall and rims.

Approx. CAD$300 to my door, set of 4

you’ll need to give me a make/model i dont know anything about all seasons.

can you get federal??? =)

i know its not listed but any way?

you of all people should know the answer to that question :slight_smile:

you should try these nankangs they’re DIRTY cheap!

John, can you price Kumho Victoracers for me? V700’s

2x 225/50R16
2x 245/45R16

4x205/50R15

roast, those arent listed. i believe them to be r-compounds though - is that correct? They only have a few r-compound tires available - sorry!

Just get NT-01’s, they’re rediculous.

John, ok, what r-compounds are listed?

John, pricing on 275/40/17 Nitto NT01’s please.

:slight_smile:

BFG G-Force T/A Drag Radial 255/50/16

Please :slight_smile:

• I want to try and give myself whiplash :slight_smile:

Dustin, about CAD$175-$180 to my door

what do they cost local?

Locally those are $264 installed and balanced…

PER TIRE!

Just got a quote locally:

$240.50/per tire (does not include mount/balance)

so about $480