Ford engines>GM engines

manley makes the rods for ford & a CAST block will take more hp than alum!
LSX cast 6.0 block & crank will hold 1000 hp !

FTW.

and the lingenfelter vettes have made well over 1000…your point being?

and the lingenfelter vettes have made well over 1000…your point being?

Used Cobra: $25,000 in mint condtion, plus average price mods
Used Vette: $40,000+ in mint condition, plus Lingenfelter ($$$) mods

That’s my point.

uh no? try about 22-30 for a decent lingenfelter candidate
vehicle for vehicle…i don’t even think the stang made it to top 20 on the rings fastest times

the cobra motor and an lsx are not even close to the same price!! it cant be

for 1, the cobra DOHC 4.6 is supercharged and has forged high quality internals. That in itself is alot more money to dump on a motor. Its simple engineering…cost vs quality. more quality generally invokes higher costs. stronger materials cost more than cast weaker materials.

second, it has 4 cams and complex valvetrain compared to traditional pushrod motors. Thats extra bucks! More parts equals more money. try getting cams for a DOHC mustang motor. or even a SOHC GT motor. cams are like 800+ bucks. Ls1/traditional ford small block/traditional GM small block is like 200-400 bucks. you cant beat that

There is no way in hell a cobra motor costs as much as a LSx motor. Ls2 crates are around 6500 bucks. cobra crate anyone?? the base 350 hp n/a 4.6 DOHC motor starts at 8 grand. thats not even forged rods/pistons or anything liek that or a supercharger. add forged internals and up the compression and hp to 450, and your spending 14 THOUSAND. hello LS7???

Thats why i compared n/a lsx to the n/a mod motors. you cant compare n/a to supercharged because they are built different and have different properties. apples to oranges. Boost is like adding cubic inches so its hard to compare that motor to a n/a one.

and go ahead and add a blower to a lincoln motor or a standard GT motor or even a DOHC mach I motor that doesnt have forged internals like the terminator… you wont be running anywhere near the power that the terminator has because the internals wont take it. 99-04 Gt’s only max out around 400whp before its not safe to go any further. i did know of a few 450whp builds but who knows how long that will last. meanwhile terminators come from the factor with like 380-390 at the wheels stock and can handle upwards of 700whp on stock internals.

^^^Good Post

Waiting for challenger to come out to respond to that one.

It’s funny that you care enough to make a post this long. :smiley:

zr1 is making a comeback, chevy has a hold that they aren’t letting go

the main problem with mopar is weight… it will take a serious motor to move 4000lbs as fast as a Z06. mopar with those motors is a promising company. they just need a lighter body style. I hope they come out with a Fbody/mustang competitor and the challenger may try to be that but rumored to still be upwards of 3900 lbs or so. still 400 lbs too heavy to be a contender. i do dig those heavy mopars tho, i like the styling…they just need less weight

1. you’re right, the cobra motors are very good from the factory
  2. cams are around 600 and not really needed unless you just want to spend money on something or want more lope to the idle, most of the builds I have read about are using stock cams
  3. factory vs factory, the lsx is cheaper. Ask slowcamaro how much it takes to build an lsx motor, it’s real close to building a ford mod motor.
  4. here is the famous whining from the chevy camp about fi from factory. the engines are both very good and are both put in the same type of car, so yes, you can compare them. fords have 281ci and the chebby has a lot more. Ford just chose a better route to making power.
  5. the lincoln motors have a very good block and need pistons and rods to take the same abuse a terminator motor can take. complete dohc lincoln motors can be had for 500, add 1000 for rods and pistons, then add your choice of forced induction. You will have to do cam, heads, maybe block, intake for the lsx motor. so yea, they are close to the same cost once you get up there in the hp

I was a die-hard Ford and Import man for almost 20 years until I drove a GTO with an LS2, I still like the Cobra but drive a GTO or a Vette with an LS2, it’s amazing what GM did with the N/A smallblock. Did you see the article in MMFF about Ford’s “experimental” motor, 427 pushrod smallblock with 800 or 900hp N/A
on E85. http://www.pittspeed.com/forums/images/smilies/wackit.gif
:wackit:

1. here is the famous whining from the chevy camp about fi from factory. the engines are both very good and are both put in the same type of car, so yes, you can compare them. fords have 281ci and the chebby has a lot more. Ford just chose a better route to making power.

it is a famous whining among chevy guys…but its true…you really cant compare n/a to FI. its a completely different animal. I do applaud ford for making power the FI way as its easier to make power that way with just alittle more input cost. FI is a better way to make power i agree. I’m not disputing that.

same car? thats hard to say. the cobra is a heavier advanced beast than the mustang Gt. IRS of the cobra compared to the weak solid axle of the F body is a different game. i’m sure if they would have done the mach I’s suspension/rear end setup with the blown mustang terminator motor it would have been a reallllllly interesting game. thats the stang i would have liked to see as well as many others…but then again i do like the ability of handling which the terminator offers… i think the terminator is a well rounded car, a much better choice than the camaro/trans am for a balanced driver…but at a slightly higher price

both motors are sweet. as for how much power then can stand reliably did everyone forget the rediculous 2jz supra engine with people making close to 1000 whp with stock blocks and internals, not that is one over built engine.

both motors are sweet. as for how much power then can stand reliably did everyone forget the rediculous 2jz supra engine with people making close to 1000 whp with stock blocks and internals, now that is one over built engine.

did you notibe the title of the thread, noone cares about some inport motor right now. :slight_smile:

yaaaaahhhhh!!!
stock bottom end!