Ford engines>GM engines

Funny, the article the thread points to is about the technology in Fords new four and six cylinder direct injection turbo motors.

The OP posted how they are much more advanced then the current crop of Chevy OHV engines.

Advanced when it comes to cars means more shit to break that most of us won’t be able to fix ourselves like we do on our current vehicles

Like a neon dated in late 1990’s ?

If you want an engine that is easy to fix, work on my old FE 390. It has ~5 wires in the engine compartment excluding the plug wires. A screwdriver, 1/2" and 9/16" wrench, and pliers can just about fix everything on the truck

:rofl: Like, OMG! if we use a smaller displacement motor and a turbocharger we can get power similar to that of the V8 and better gas mileage! Hello Ford and welcome to 1989.

Gen 3 motors with piston slap considered “normal”

:rofl:

i’m sorry who are you referring to? i don’t own a neon :finger2:

Sounds like you have been in there too many times :smiley:

There not useing the same old pushrod any more…
New for 2008 is a direct-injected (DI) version of the 3.6-liter V6 engine. Variable valve timing on the intake and exhaust cams and an 11.3:1 compression ratio help the new engine put out 304 SAE-certified hp, and 80 percent of the peak torque output of 273 lb-ft is available at 1,000 rpm. This engine feels stout, but there’s no place on this winding circuit to verify Cadillac’s claim of 5.9-second performance to 60 mph and a top speed of 155 mph.
http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Drives/FirstDrives/articleId=101188

I cant say alot for the other fords with the exception of a few(mustangs,trucks etc) But i do love how mustangs sounds.:bigthumb:

terminators are pure sexy sounding…that whine is just awesome

x2 and with the M55 catback…

Or Magnaflow Magnapacks, or Borla Stingers, or Bassani Street Comp

who would have thunk this thread would be full of rednecks?

I see less wires and hoses under the more modern engine bays then the 80’s and 90’s cars.

With added technology has come simplicity. It’s a lot more pleasent to work on an ECU with a laptop then make sure eleventy billion vacuum hoses you can’t even see are hooked up correctly.

Cant go wrong with a offroad h and flows either.:slight_smile:

haha