FS 93 240sx/sil40 LE sr20 - $3000

Alright so I wasn’t planning on selling this car but a few plans have changed so this car has to go. My plans were to keep it and fix the issues it had (mostly cosmetic) and use it as a track toy. If I knew I was going to sell it now, I probably wouldn’t have put a silvia front end on it or done the sr20 swap in Febuary when the powersteering pump seized lol.

But yes details on the car.

It was a 1993 240sx LE and was originally automatic with hicas. and has about 290k on the body. and about 140 or 145k on the drivetrain, I have both gauge clusters for the car still.

This car is sold E tested but not saftied the emissions is good til October

I’ll start off with the bad that way if anyone sees anything they dont like they can stop reading before they get their hopes up and then crushed by one of the problems lol.

• power steering is not working, a hardline on the steering rack needs to be replaced or made (easy enough to do) and a belt needs to be installed
  • rear winter tires are done (its a 240sx the rear tires are obviously bald :))
  • speakers inside the car are very very shot they work but don’t come close to sounding nice
  • reverse lights not hooked up (again easy to fix, simple wiring there are even writeups online)
  • driverside quarter panel is rusted and will need new metal welded in (passenger side just bubbling)
  • driverside floor beginning to rust needs to be welded (passenger side was already done)
  • door ajar light is always on, I never bothered to check which sensor died it used to work normally then on occasion the door ajar light was on, and now it’s just always on.
  • the car will need to be painted since the silvia front end isnt a perfect match but its pretty decent
  • front mount intercooler is ziptied in place since the bracket holding it broke and I never got around to fixing it properly
  • windshield washer pump died
  • left rear wheel bearing makes noise
  • battery isnt mounted too well , needs eitehr a relocation or a smaller battery to clear the fmic piping

so now onto the better parts.

• silvia front end (dual projectors, bomex grill)
  • 180sx sideskirts
  • sr20det (installed Feb 2009)
  • silvia gauge cluster - approx 140k on engine
  • New AMS o2 sensor
  • New NGK BKR7E plugs
  • Engine oil, gear oil, coolant all flushed twice in the last month
  • ARC aluminum sr20 rad
  • front mount intercooler
  • greddy blowoff valve
  • hks turbo timer
  • greddy boost gauge
  • 300ZX fuel pump
  • 180sx fuel sending unit (looks brand new)
  • 5 speed swap (5 speed pedal too no cut pedals here)
  • R32 GTR front seats
  • suede interior panels (not tweed)
  • come with sunroof cover and bag
  • fuel tank replaced
  • rear calipers replaced
  • hand brake cables replaced (hand brake is awesome on this car)
  • nonhicas jdm rear subframe installed (clean enough to eat off of)
  • hicas fully eliminated
  • a/c removed
  • front tires are new from 2008
  • front pads rotors new from 2008
  • front struts replaced with kyb
  • front balljoints and tie rods new from 2008
  • hicas sway bar

extra parts

• pair of front hubs, control arms, calipers, rotors and pads.
  • spare front subframe
  • pair of Jic Magic front coilovers with camber plates
  • 5 speed ka24de transmission (bellhousing from sr can be swapped onto ka24 tranny)

I’ll need to get pics this week of how the car currently is but here is what it looked like in October, obviously the front end is different now so the car doesnt look quite as shiney and clean in its current state lol

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v709/km_heisler/2409.jpg?t=1223781729

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v709/km_heisler/2405.jpg?t=1223781746

the qaurter panel is a little worse than this due to the paint that was over the rust has now fallen off lol.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v709/km_heisler/2401.jpg?t=1223782104

the frame is pretty good, there was a hole in the driverside and its been filled with something and undercoated over, but the car is lifted on the frame by a hoist all the time without problems so it’s not going to fall apart or anything, passenger side is fine.
But yes I’ll get new pics with the new front end and the 180 sides later on this week. Right now I’m trying to get general interest and the car will be available to look at in roughly 1 week, since I still need it to drive until then.

Here is 1 pic I have from my cell, I’ll get more pics from around the car this week and the headlight is no longer out on the passenger side

Trades?

I’m out of space for cars, so the only thing I’d consider trading for is a motorcycle preferably Honda CBR

Sorry Guys I’ve gotten some messages about pics and with the not so great weather this week I haven’t bothered, hopefully by the end of this week I will get updated pics, qaurters, interior, engine bay, exterior.

Also keep in mind I need this car for another week maybe even a couple of weeks since I drive it daily and haven’t brought my other car back out yet. Which is why I havent put it on kijiji or the trader. Just for the people telling me they have cash in hand, I’d sell it but then I’dneed a bicycle for a week or 2 lol

what kind of suspension does it have

lol it looks like it has suspension when you look at the front, but it’s stock in the rear (and high in the rear)

the fronts are kyb struts which were installed just prior to me purchasing the car and I assume stock springs, not sure why it’s so low in the front. Especially when I had the pignose lip on it, it was almost sitting on the ground, which is also why I no longer have the lip R.I.P…

here is 1 pic I had on my cell phone I’ll get others up this week, the passenger headlight is no longer burned out

this is a really good deal… not surprised Avery is lurking…lol

Hey, is this car available yet?

thanks Bing

and nope sorry car isnt ready to leave yet, I need to get my other car back on the road I’m aiming for the next week or two, but for sure sometime this month. Until then this is my daily, I will update this thread to say when it’s ready to go, and when it’s ready I’ll also add it to kijiji and the trader, for now this was more just let people know the car will be for sale and it’s priced to be gone quick since I won’t have a space to park it once I bring my other car out.

SOOO I don’t wanna jinx it lol but the car should be ready for the weekend to go. I’ve been delayed a couple of times getting my other car back together, but the final parts should be arriving tuesday, which means it should be slapped together before the weekend unless I run into other snags.

So yes I’ll get more pics of the car by the weekend and put it on autotrader as well as kijiji since it will be seriously up for sale

if i had anywhere to put this thing i’d scoop it from you.

Bing let’s keep the chitter chatter to PM’s. Don’t make me have to put you on a temp ban and lock Kevin’s thread.

^^

ROFL!

hey sorry man, i got carried away… won’t happen again

sent you a pm ? Do you want to sell the car?

ok got some pics up. showing the driverside frame, not too bad in my opinion since i still lift the car on the hoist by the frame. b-pillars arent rusted. pics of both qaurters. strut towers.

also didnt take any pics of the trunk/spare tire area but it’s perfect not rusted in the usual area.

yes I want to sell the car, I just haven’t had a chance to phone anyone.

car is on kijijiji now since it’s actually ready to go now.

also wheel bearing issue in the rear has been fixed.

car is sold and gone! thanks