IACV Coolant L fitting Leaking - SR20 Guru's needed!

Hey guys, When I installed my aftermarket intake manifold on my sr20, the IACV was positioned as such the stock coolant lines going to and from it no lnger matched up with the new location of the IACV on the bottom of the “greddy style” intake manifold. So, Me, thinking this would work, simply used a set of channel locks to swivel the L fitting (see picture below) 180 degrees in order for it to match up. All was well, until halfway to the gas station on its maiden voyage, the L fitting popped out (pressurized coolant system I take it) and I lost all my coolant. Oops.

Now - where can I find another one of these fittings that has yet to be pressed in? I’ve tried to JB waterweld it in there but the waterweld doesnt like the heat. I’d more or less like a proper solution as JB weld is a huge bandaid fix. Am I better off buying a used IACV, extending the coolant lines and running that? Or is there a part number for the OEM coolant L fitting (as pictured).

Thanks for your time,

Dave

hey curious to know how you cleaned your intake like that ? is there a way without taking it off ? sorry for jackthread

1. it’s not my intake, its a pic i googled.
  2. Don’t threadjack.

Just loop the lines. Real men don’t need idle air control.

im gonna assume that he used that red scotchpad to clean the intake…

Worst case scenario, you can always tap it and put a 90-deg barb fitting in there.

Thats the plan, or pick up an IACV for 35$.