integra GSR questions

okay so now that you dont want it… let the rest of us know where it is

no?

^ I have a nice 2 door GSR single owner bone stock with approx. 136k Documented Miles, 98 hottness, for just over 4k

Sliver on Black Cloth

It’s a '98 that was daily driven in WNY and not washed religiously. Of course the brake/ps/fuel lines are going to be rusted.

I still say you go for it, or at least give the location of the car so someone else ca pick it up.

How hard would this stuff be to replace? and even though this stuff is rusted…along with a lot of stuff under the hood. should I still go for it?

Brake line is real cheap at the store. Pretty sure PS lines use the same type of line. Fuel, I don’t know.

I wouldn’t let exterior line rust keep you away from the car unless the body rust is a nightmare.

All I’m saying is that most nearly any car from 1998 that has been DD thru Buffalo winters will having rust and corrosion issues on brake lines/ect.

My question is…under neath the hood a lot of things are rusted…along with underneath the car. Including all the lines

BUt should this keep me away from this good deal?
How hard would the car be to work on?

WIth out pictures its hard to describe…but when you open the hood… the screws that hold the plastic peice onthe bumper above the radiator are all rusted…

alot of misc. metal parts in the engine bay are rusted…
the exhaust has some rust on it, but I’ll most likley be replacing it.
the power steering line has bubbles in it…
the fuel tank straps are pretty rusty
the fuel reciever is pretty rotty
Is this going to be a money pit? or a good investment

Got pictures?

Pictures tell 1000 words.

Fawk, posted the wrong thread as I was reading and looking over the whole situation.
http://nyspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?p=635189#post635189

Oh, and car != good investment! Some are just less of a money pit than others.

i had to replace the gas tank on my teg. it was fucking expensive even after hybrid hooked me the fuck up with a great job at a low price. if you are seeing lots of rust on it i would stay away. this thing is seeming like bad news.

Eh, I’m about 95% sure I’m going to buy it.

I’m going to get all the body work done, new brake lines and fuel line and new brakes all the way around. I’ll try and get some pictures soon.