It's Official! Outdoor Karting at CVMP 8/21/2010

I wanna go back and drive the Black #5 Bridgestone Kart. That thing was jdm.

yeah that was my favorite kart too.

Dude the blue number 5 was money for wayne, as soon as i got in it boom fouled a plug. Bullshit.

I think the one we had was perfect for our size. It handled awesome and was pretty quick. Then Singh got in it and destroyed it :rofl I think he was too light for it.

:rofl

That picture sums up the final race for me.

Archie that write-up was HILARIOUS!!! as always! We really need to do this more.

Is one of you shit talkers EVER going to take a trophy from me?!?!?!?!

i will dont you worry

Don’t you have a sore back to be nursing? Back to bed young 'un… :lol

But serious what’s with all the injuries and $hit after the event… The way people were taking turns… Granny shifting not double clutching like they should (ignore the fact these karts are centrifugal clutch)… People got TIRED?

Wayne third time’s the charm bro. I predict no three peat for ya!

:lol at starting the early trash talk.

i do, shits fucked up, the knee bruise just started showing today and i have a feeling my back will be purple in the next 3 days

Nice organization arch… what a buncha fags that didn’t show that signed up tho.

I wish i could of made this. We should do an early october, late september trip.

That last kart I had in the pic was the best one I was in. CRD had it prior and you could see him catching people put of the corners. Last turn onto the straight, I made a pass to the inside of someone getting onto the straight, and every other time I gained big time through the tires and would pull next to them at the top of the hill headed into turn 1… but you stetchy ass’es would jump at a chance to turn down to close the door so it was a no go. lol

my back is still kicking my ass, and my hip is about a 6X3 inch purple patch from the hits!

fucking blast!!! would smash, again, and again.

Bro, this WAS the 3rd time. :slight_smile:

True I guess if you count GPNY… But was there an organized race there? I forget.

Anyways, for next time- I’m going to see what I can do about improving the qualifying process as well. I felt there was room for improvement there.

I’m thinking to have one or two rental karts fitted with some kind of timing equipment and have people do one warm up, then a flying lap for qualifying next time.

Then grid based on lap times.

If we can’t have timing equipment, we should get someone who’s not racing to use a stopwatch, although I’d prefer not to since it’s not that accurate…

True how could I forget that helmet story… Hilarious. Be sure to get checked for head lice man. J/k.

Gotcha. I’ll update my post later.

Good meeting you man and hell yeah it was a blast. We’re doing it again don’t worry!

Yeah even the steering wheel was canted to the right a little bit. Wheels sat hellaflush too with the side pods, it was sweet yO

I’ll throw something out in Winter and see what people are up for in Spring.

Thanks man… We missed you out there. Next time hope you can make it.

I don’t know how soon people can go back but watch the events space and be sure to sign up for the next one!! :thumb

Jammer definitely needs to make it next time, hes good competition!!!

Im definately in…I missed the thread and by the time Singh gotme in i couldnt ditch the family camping trip…but I did try. Love to try to get one in this season almost anytime tho. It comes to four things…and not necesarily in this order.

1. skill
  2. weight
  3. cart
  4. who does or doesnt wreck ya

All the skill in the world wont make up for a fat ass… and the fastest cart wont make up for skill… etc etc etc.

Good points man…

If we can get some sort of timing equipment hooked up, I could work with 2. and 3.

Basically, if we are limited to say, two karts to get the qualifying laps in for gridding position, then everyone has to get a good time on those karts only and it would even things out.

I also thought of drawing random slots for kart numbers for the racing itself, since people tend to gravitate towards what they think are “faster” karts…

Sure a straightaway dog is something you can spot easy, but what handles worse for one driver is better for another, since the thing that most impacts handling characteristics (given tires are similar) is going to be the seat position.

Also, if we could have timed laps to determine gridding, it would then be easy to give a weight handicap, for example, 0.05 second per 10 lbs over 150 lbs or something like that.

However, all of this only helps with qualifying, it’s the actual race where you see who takes the right chances and who is too aggressive (and jacks out accordingly).

i felt like the karts were so different that it was more than just a seat position, im sure the tires were more glazed than others and alignment was a bit different here and there, some of the karts had serious understeer like the #3 but others would turn on a dime and even oversteer like hell like my last kart…

its going to be hard to make this really tight archie i think just going out there and having fun is the best way to do it, the only thing i’de try for is timing equipment somehow… i wanna see if i can bring my lap times close to waynes or not

oh and my back is fuckin wrecked… srsly

When I say seat position man I mean exactly that- handling.

Single heaviest object in the kart is the driver, about half the weight.

Shift that weight one or two inches backwards or forwards and you can set the handling characteristics right there.

If you were in a “long” kart and didn’t use the pad to bring you up close- sure as $hit it’s gonna understeer since F/R distribution leans more heavily towards the rears.