PittSpeed Karting - July 29th

Hey all, in my intro thread over in the introductions forum a bunch of folks expressed some interest in doing a karting event at BeaveRun. This is what we’ve come up with so far. There has been some in thread and bc response and it looks like a few are coming for sure. Anyone else interested, post it here or shoot me a note.

Thanks!
Dan

How does this sound:

Tuesday July 29th from 5-8PM

Full Race program - practice, qualifying, heat races, features. We can take as many as 30 entries and still run this efficiently in three hours with plenty of track time for everyone.

Every session will be timed with posted lap-by-lap results for everyone to see. Bragging and taunting of the slow are expected. Full results will be posted online at MyLaps.com to alow for further boasting and ridiculing.

Normal price is $80 for this event. If we get ten takers we’ll discount it $10/head, $15/head for twenty racers and $20/head for the full boat of thirty entries.

$80 for less than ten
$70 for ten to nineteen
$65 for twenty to twenty-nine
$60 for thirty

If that sounds of interest shoot me an e-mail - dan@turn1prosports.com or just post here. Anywhere else it would be better to post? Can we put a banner ad up for the PittSpeed Kart Race?

looks great, but the date

This is really interresting. Count me is as tentitive.

Always gotta be when I’m working!

are these actual shifter karts?

yeah i would love to go but i work till 5 everyday

Not our shifter karts, our Birel Rock Karts which are made for group events. They are 45 mph, fun to drive karts that are more race like than most any other rental kart. They aren’t flat to the floor for the whole lap - you’ll be off track in a hurry if you try that. LOL

We do shifter kart and TAG rentals as well but this was more to get everyone out to play some for cheap money.

Would 6-8 make it better for more people? Maybe we can adjust the price down too if we do just 2 hours.

Id be in for shifter karts… not saying your rock karts are not fun, but if im going to drive all the way up there and pay… id defiantly want a shifter kart.

Hmm, much less interest than I originally gathered. If that is a tough day then what I’ll do is offer the same pricing to you guys and just do this on the regularly scheduled rental kart racing night this Wednesday instead. I’ll give it until Monday afternoon then decide whether to cancel or not. Maybe instead we can come up with a day in a few weeks where we can do a package - do a race or two in the Rock karts plus a test drive each in a TAG kart and a shifter kart. Do the whole deal for like $100 for a couple of hours if we can get a dozen folks.

I would be very interested if it wasn’t a weekday, I work till 5 throughout the week and for me to make it to beaver from my work would take a good hour.

I’ll be more interested in late september if you set a date later.

Cool, let’s set a later date and see if we can plan it out a little better.

If anyone wants to come down for rental racing (practice, qualifying, heat, feature for $80) on Wednesday night, let me know in advance and I’ll give you the discount price.

Thanks!

what times that start?

do you guys have a website?

www.beaverun.com

Click on the karting link.

The shop website goes live in a few days - www.turn1prosports.com

Start time for Wednesday is 5:00 but if you are goign to be a little late, just let them (or me) know in advance and we’ll do our best to make sure you get equal time in a way that keeps the program moving.