It's Official! Outdoor Karting at CVMP 8/21/2010

hmmmm i didn’t have any problems going around ya!!! :rofl:rofl:rofl

Wayne- Vlad had it in for me that entire session. He spent most of it looking at where I was going and then sliding his kart in that direction quickly. I believe it’s called “blocking on purpose” or “c-blocking” :lol

If Dkid is still reading, he can probably say a couple words, I think he was watching some of this take place from close behind.

I know the next question is well if I thought I was faster why didn’t I get around Vlad, and the answer is after I saw what kinda moves he was making, I didn’t want to get hit / spin and lose 3 more places when I could just hang onto 3rd. I thought that’d be enough to get a decent place in the final heat, and competition was tough so it wasn’t.

Anyways- something I have to work on in the future. Although with timing equipment to grid, I don’t think passing Vlad is something I’ll have to worry about next time :ninja

fixed it for you homie :thumbup

Truth.

Joe just called me and asked if he could come back and run the track in reverse…

He wants the grass on the insides of the turns trimmed this time.

:rofl :rofl :rofl

And that was after Joe went ahead and created a Braille map of the track layout for “next time” - a suggestion of yours if I’m not mistaken.

:rofl

bahahhahaahah i forgot all about that!!!

Haha how could you forget that? When you mentioned the Braille map Joe was in the pits behind Dkid and I think I saw a halfway smirk on his face as he shook his head…

The only other time I’ve seen him attempt a smile is when receiving the money at the end of the day, so it must have been pretty funny at the time.

LOL

Man you guys are out of hand, Really pissed I wasnt able to make the trip this time around. Ahh well theres always next time.

To those who talked about being bruised and battered. No need to feel like a bitch about it, those karts are a fucking workout

yea they are. i still got fucking bruises and shit. i’m old as fuck though.

Shady- we missed you there man, make sure you get out next time!! No “I have a kid excuse” either, I got two little ones and managed to set it up and make it…

I think most injuries came from being banged around in the seat (and for Wayne, people parking in your lap).

For those who plan to go more regularly, I’d recommend a rib protector / vest and to always use the padding if you feel “far away” from the wheel or aren’t snug in the seat.

Cardio wouldn’t hurt either, once HR reaches 140, 150+ you want to be able to sustain it without getting tired so you don’t make mistakes towards the end where it’s crucial.

As rough as people think the karts are- they’re tame compared with a typical 125cc package.