"JDM" Rant

I swear I’m going to loose it in the next classifieds section when people call things “JDM”. Im starting to think half the people who use it don’t even know what it means. Want an example? Look at the 2 recardo seats in the classifieds thread. I have the decency not to post this in his thread, but I’d LOVE to know how these seats were specifically made for the Japanese Domestic market. Not hating on that guys thread at all, just using it as an example. So much “jdm” shit is probably made in china and sold exclusively in Canada and the US. Anyway, thats all I had to say, and Im sure it has been said a million times before. But it deserves to be said again.

Juice

Ummm, those Recaros only came in the JDM version of the Integra type R…

He has a solid point, in gerneral ,not neccesarily regarding that specific item …

agree, he may be wrong regarding that particular item but the term is overused over the past couple of years and its only getting worse.

http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/5545/n5006395381003508610ps4.jpg

How did recardos come “in” the integra? Are you trying to say they came stock?

The example doesnt even matter, you see it everywhere you look.

The Integra Type R offered in the Japanese market came with those Recaro seats as standard equipment, thus making them “JDM”. The North American market got some shitty seats in the Type R.

I agree with what you’re saying though. Just pointing out that your example doesn’t really work.

i guess this is a good example of this “jdm rant”

i was watching some stupid TV show on Speed Channel about these guys putting new bushings, 5 lug and a shifter into an EP3 Civic… all they kept saying was JDM this, JDM that, my mom is super JDM

This thread is JDM.

great thread

what half are you in?

Hahahaha, Zing

ummm those seats are jdm, littreally. But yes i get your point.

…?

what he’s tryin to say is your just as stupid as the jdm-ness everywhere

I hate all the Kouki, Chouki, Zenki shit.

You didn’t get the memo? Anything “JDM” is instantly at least 10x better than a North American product.

^^^^^ finally Mr.K points it out…
duhhhhh… if its made in japan its JDM… so it must be sick.
i mean cmon, thats why everyone calls thier rides “silvia"or"180sx” without noticing thier car isnt RHD…
now i can agree with JDM tails(the standard JDM light wont pass american DOT specs) or JDM parts(as in for the SR20 or RB series engine parts since there only legal in japan)

I swear i’m going to lose it next time someone says Recardo Seats. They are called Recaro, not Recardo!