love4boost's 2000 BMW

you guys should have come in last Friday night when I was on bar… I’ll let you know the next night bar shift I have so you all can come in :slight_smile:

Who the fuck wants a Magnacharger? Oh, no one? I thought so.

LS2 timing chain and ported LS6 oil pump are not cam install items, they are things that some people like to replace when they have their timing cover off.

Necessary cam install parts:
Cam (obviously) - $375 NEW @ texas-speed.com
Valve springs - $149 and up NEW @ texas-speed.com
Hardened Pushrods - $109 NEW @ texas-speed.com (OPTIONAL)

OR

All of the above as a package for $589 with a single beehive spring or $689 for a PRC doubles INCLUDING PUSHRODS @ texas-speed.com

Other parts needed for install:
OEM water pump gaskets - 2 @ $3.50 each NEW @ shopfbparts.com
OEM crank bolt - 1 @ $3.25 NEW @ shopfbparts.com

Completely and totally optional parts:
LS2 timing chain - $33 NEW @ shopfbparts.com
LS6 oil pump - $105 - $159 NEW @ texas-speed.com

Install - Well, I could swap a cam in my sleep… ask h0twh3els, dude never did internal engine work before and he did a cam swap on an LSx. All you need is a decent metric tool set (8mm, 10mm, 12mm, 15mm & 24mm IIRC), a 3 arm puller (rent from Advance Auto) and an LSx valve spring tool ($15 from a guy on LS1tech). I can’t see someone charging over $300 for this.

Tune - This varies. I tune my own cars so for me it was the cost of HP tuners 6 years ago… we’re looking at $125 to $500+ depending on when/where you get tuned though.

You are forgetting that the same applies to the BMW, except its far more expensive and you CAN’T get a good tune. They make a “chip” for it, but its for stock internals.

there are other great places for these products at similar pricing that are just as good if not better for custom cams for the LS1/2.

as for the install and pricing you stated though it’s all dead on with the LSx …

also, an oil pump and timing chain specifically an oil pump is highly recommended with this platform and there is no reason if you can do it that you souldn’t to prevent any issues down the road.

In for Legends road trip

/pjb

Believe it when I see it… you have been saying this for weeks now but you can’t seem to make any friends… just sayin… :tongue

its because you only put out for me. open up a little.

If you are doing an oil pump you might as well do a timing chain and vice versa. It’s simply not necessary for a cam only motor though, it’s a huge pain in the balls too. Ask yourself this, if you WEREN’T doing a cam, would you be replacing these parts? I would only suggest changing the oil pump if the motor is fully built and theres nothing else to do, or if you have oil pressure issues.

As far as parts that are just as good or better, its tough to beat TSP on this but there are definitely other contenders such as Thunder Racing, etc. If I were to do a cam again, I would probably have Patrick G spec the cam instead.

I’m friends with Al, that has to count towards something. :cry:

Yes! as a matter of fact… it is a well worth mod even if it is a pita on these motors. And in his case he will be installing the motor so it is already out why not do it? I would suggest if he has it out of the car anyways to absolutely do these! there is absolutely no reason not to, it isnt worth the few bucks saved why half ass something?

You are only looking at commercial look outside of the box at performance shops across the country that are killing records with their cams in the LSx market and you will find many more options and in the same price range.

Shift_meet @ Legends the next time k is working

In

Sweet, we can take the Audi.

For stock displacement motors it’s VERY HARD to beat a PROVEN cam. Lots of R&D went into it, much more than the small shops can afford to do. As far as killing records, I don’t think anyone has topped Patrick G on a stock bottom end N/A motor. He got over 500whp from a heads/cam/intake LS1.

this is a pointless argument you are a typical G6 owner… If you want to continue to argue this we can in PM … but this is just pointless with your hard head at this point.

kdubs = #1 argumentative car chick.

That’s hilarious. I think you are forgetting that I have been in the LSx scene for years and I KNOW FROM EXPERIENCE… this is nothing new. I have a hard head because you can quote shit you heard on a Trailblazer forum. You are clearly the one with the hard head.

Edit: Theres no reason to get all pissed about this, the debate was MOD COST not really if an oil pump was a good mod, but if it was NECESSARY as part of a cam swap. If the motor is out and you want more flow/pressure you SHOULD do the oil pump and if the pump is off, you might as well do the chain. The fact of the matter was IT SHOULDN’T be included in the price of a doing a cam because its not directly related. In my experience, these parts are replaced as preventative measures and perfectly good parts that will last up to 300k are getting removed for no good reason.

oh man oh man oh man:ahh:ahh:ahh:ahh:ahh:ahh:ahh:ahh

kbrilzle: #1 TB chick.

I’m all for saving money when you build a car/motor, but it’s just stupid to ignore such a crucial part… and that there are other options in most cases at the same price that are just as good if not better they just don’t have a commercial name… I feel like people go with the crowd all too often rather than looking into how many options they really have and going with what can best suit their needs or goals.

http://www.geekalerts.com/u/sheep-stool.jpg