My truck and one of the Lake George sunrise

I’ve been trying to figure out an editing process for weeks now and this is as far as I have gotten. Essentially its a detailed, desaturated edit, this is what I am trying to replicate or come close to:

I still need to perfect it, but its getting there.

Thoughts, comments? Tell me what you like and dont like about them.

I think I’ve finally found a laptop background replacement for my current one (from your Maine sunrise shoot) but #4 isn’t big enough (checked your flickr, too) :smiley:

2 is dealership quality and 4 is just plain sick

Here you go:
Imgur

1. looks familiar. did you take the STi up there and did some shots when you had it?

Dude, you should be taking pics for brochures.

The secret to your desaturated high detail look is that CS5 users have an HDR toning image adjustment tool which will pretty much give you that look with a few clicks

#1 looks kind of bright…idk if it’s me or what.

But #2 looks like it should be in a GMC brochure.

Awesome work

this

its pretty tough trying to replicate Sean’s work … i think you could jack the contrast a bit and if you use topaz adjust, crank the detail bar up + radius and then mask in the some of the extra detail … thats what i would try first

definitely

#4 is my new background.

mine as well

Thanks guys!

Yes, good eye!

I noticed that when I was looking at CS5, the HDR feature seems much better. I just ordered my legit copy of Photoshop CS5 last night for Mac, Im going to make the switch to an iMac next week.

Thats kinda what I did, topaz adjust helped a little but in my eyes its not quite perfect or where I want it. I dont think I really want to exactly replicate Seans shots, some look a little overcooked and almost video game like, I just want a little more detail and some contrasty desaturation. It sounds so simple but it can drive me nuts lol.