MclarenGP VS DeathbyRT (split)

alright well i lost, big deal. im not complaining.
had a little conversation with my tuner about my data logs from earlier that day, well apparently i wasnt supposed to be beating on the car :lol oh well.
making a parts list so i can turn the wick up. almost $4g so its going to be awhile before that happens. NBD

corE said he would sell his car if he lost… I DEMAND to see results. Or else…

http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv288/Hear_Me_RAWR-Arf/emo_bullshit-12681.jpg

Really??? Don’t be that guy…

just found out my bov is pushing right open under boost which explains the fluttering under boost… definately loosing 3-4 psi… gonna try to cap it so i can go tonight.

Cap it?!? as in no bov?

just cut the bov right off.

im fine with losing. im just saying. heres the email he sent me:
subject: Re: data logs From: John Visconti <john@theshopct.com> Can you send me the tune file from your AP? Until I send you a updated map tonight please don’t beat the shit out of the car :slight_smile: - What are you using for a wideband? Thanks

Cap it as in probably cap the boost leak ya dope

shoulda never welded the flange on to begin with… im thinkin a piece of rad hose , couple clamps and a cap from lolz

in less than 24hrs you have a note from your DR saying your sick and this is why you didn’t perform. Lame.

whatever man. i didnt know i wasnt supposed to beat on it until i found out this morning. i can get the map fixed, he can get his bov fixed, and we go again…

:slight_smile:

what kinda bov you got? if its like a turboxs piece or something, take it apart and shim the spring so there is more tension on the spring…

but seriously, you should get a used tial… they can be found for 120-150~ and you wont have issues…

i heard the vids last night and heard the flutter, thought either maybe too soft of a wastegate spring or the bov

You dont even need a BOV, just weld it shut :lol

yea thats true, shady doesnt have one LOL

He clearly says that the bov is pushing open under boost… how the fuck do you cap a boost leak from the bov when its just opening under boost??

great idea pete… im gonna see if i can shim it but will prolly end up takin it off. yea its junkxs i believe.

Haha I didn’t read that it was his bov

use washers bud, if you need any help or whatever give me a shout… the top unscrews from the the bottom and shim it… should be good

shimming is the only way to fix it without a stiffer spring broski…OR a put a tiny turtle in the charge pipe to hold the plunger down until you give him the signal to release it!