MX-5 cup, on SPEED, Saturdays 4pm

knowing SPEED they will only play it once since it is real racing…

Saturday afternoons just got a little more exciting with the start of SCCA Pro Racing SIRIUS Satellite Radio Mazda MX-5 Cup Presented by Hankook programming on SPEED.

All eight rounds of the inaugural season will be broadcast Saturday afternoons in December, starting this Saturday, Dec. 9, with Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca and Lime Rock Park at 4:00 p.m. and 4:30 p.m. (EDT).

Watched both races today, pretty interesting racing since it is all spec and a lot of over driving.

This week’s bump for MoSport and Mid-Ohio.

DVRed them today, watching now :slight_smile:

EDIT: talk about exciting racing at Mosport! Some notes:

• someone forgot to tell the drivers that three wide at the end of the Andretti straight is usually not a good idea. I’m surprised they made it work more than once. :ohnoes:

• someone forgot to tell the drivers that bonsai pass moves on the OUTSIDE going into Turn 2 are usually a bad idea. I’m surprised that one guy saved it.

Seriously, some of those drivers clank when they walk…

Both the races today were much less exciting than the first two. (i.e. no crashes, but some good driving at the front)

I am thinking about buying the entire SCCA runoff collection, just because SPEED sucks so bad and it’s cheaper than a DVR.

If I could figure out how to get them all off my DVR box, I’d copy them for you

They’re probably downloadable off bitTorrent. Burn to DVD and call it a day.