My "cahr killah", DSR class racer

Just because it’s going to have 4 wheels doesn’t mean it’s any safer :lol

Oh man I’m gonna kill myself with this thing!

And Clark, you better start working your shifter arm motions into pressing buttons, 'cause that’s all you’re going to have to do. Forget the clutch too…ignition interrupt! Clutchless up/down. Closest thing you’ll get to a hewland without spending 20grand :nana

Already practicing.

looks very nice !!!

ps, I’m gonna test you on your sig jesse :ninja :ninja

When do you want to pick up your rear link? I had it done about 1/2hr after you left that day :lol

hmmm… might be easier to ship/paypal, depending on when your going to be close to me…

pm me your address, I’ll drop ship it to ya.

any updates?

Remaining material on it’s way(3/4" 4130 chromoly). I made a few changes to the suspension design yet again and have to source some other components like wilwood rotors and some other misc parts. I’ve been searching for a suitable yet cheap source for the wheels on this machine(13x8front and 13x10rear) to run the Hoosier R compound bias ply tires and have finally located a company to make some temporary setup wheels on the cheap. Kodiacs or BBS will be the end result if I do end up keeping it.

I also need to find a set of VW 4x100 MK2 front drive hubs. They’re hard to locate used. I will just buy new if I cannot locate them but I am still trying to keep this car under the budget I have alloted for it so parts ike this that can be found used I will buy as such and just refurbish at the shop.

I have not had much free time to do anything towards my kit projects here(DSR, 962, etc) due to the exorbitant amount of time I’m devoting to Jason and Jesse’s M3 Jp cars for this upcoming race season.

On occasion though I manage to work a little bit at night here at the house without driving my wife nuts. Past month or so I’ve been developing the paddle shift system for this particular chassis(DSR) to be utilized with the 636 power plant. Just a roughed together prototype, it’s Q-isotropic carbon fiber base plate and paddles with machined billet 6061 switch blocks. For the time being, I also incorporated the OEM 636 cluster into the setup. I don’t think I’m going to spend the money on a Stack or MyChron3 display for this chassis anytime soon and the 636 cluster will suit fine for now.

The rest of the system is still under works at this time. It’s a pneumatic selector system with a small compressor and reservoir tank, solenoids, dist block, and PCM all mounted to (what will be) a carbon mounting tray. In the pictures, you can just make out the pneumatic ram that will be the main actuator for the transaxle. PCM will have flat foot clutchless upshifts with ignition interrupt, and clutchles downshift with the option on/off option of rev matched based off wheel speed(differential) and current gear(potentionometer). Software for the PCM is being programmed by my awesome cousin :slight_smile:

I also forgot to pick up and wire in the neutral solenoid selector, hence the hole in the carbon lower left on the front face.

Couple pictures:

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o285/Boxxersix/IMG_2637.jpg

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o285/Boxxersix/IMG_2635.jpg

I’ll eventually post more. There’s boxes and boxes of parts and material waiting to get turned into this thing, just not time yet to pursue it :frowning:

Huge cob job :rofl

Looks awesome Adam :thumbup

:ahh

:hug

WoW that looks awsome as always i hope to alot more …soon?

Thanks. soon…maybe if I stop whoring myself out to Clark all the time :smiley:

I’ll get a move on it eventually. Funds are tight as I made a rather expensive purchase recently, but it’s mostly just a lack of time at the moment.

Just tell jesse to work on his own pile of shit u have work to do man :lol

Back to work!!!

I usually end up driving your customers cars and I’m definitely hijacking this thing when its done so I’m cool with whatever order things get finished. :rofl

Oh yeah, test and tune day @ the glen for sure.

I’m actually super pissed right now with the dampers. I’m going to have to ditch them and go spend some more money on a larger body setup so I can get a proper spring rate. 250lb/in isn’t going to cut it when the car is going to weigh ~800lbs but have about 350 in downforce. Looking for 700 front and ~850 rear…Zabinsky’s West’s are setup 850/1150 front/rear but with full ground effects and aero for 180mph+.

I’m just going to burn these things up running those rates at a 1:1 ratio off the bellcranks. They’re a small bore monotube damper with nitrogen reservoir, but use DAMN small 1.5" ID coil springs and perches. I didn’t pay much for them(maybe $200 for the set of four), but when I purchased them last year I did so based off using them on a much smaller “shifter” kart sized frame with virtually no DF, not a full blown d-class sports racer with aero.

My loss

Wat

That was Clark talk. Newbs read below

Cliff notes: I’m buying some other damper, like these,

http://www.pegasusautoracing.com/bigpicture.asp?RecID=1819

All I got out of that is you need bigger shocks to handle heavier springs so you can play with superduper aero and not drag your ass on pavement.

lolamirite?