My "cahr killah", DSR class racer

10-4 ass sitting 4" off ground at 150mph

:excited

What kind of PCM will you be using for the shifting? Is it like a one off microprocessor design that your cousin is building or something ready-made, just program and go?

Something my cousin is programming for me. He says relatively simple in terms of small chip propgramming. Using a wheel speed sensor and a pot input to determine vehicle speed and current gear selected, PCM will control the activation of the ignition interrupt and pneumatic solenoids based off the programming. I’m doing it so I can’t bang down through the gears too fast and overrev the engine. The PCM will not activate the solenoids if it’s going to over rev the motor, it will wait until rpms drop past a safe point then shift to the next gear.

Yeah sounds pretty simple and not very much code, only a handful of inputs and a couple outputs. Cool :thumb

Lol that’s super badass.

sick thread… just seen this. can’t wait to see the finished product. i’m down for a track day when it’s all done. i’d love to see / hear it goooooo.

Definitely. Once I wrap up alot of these local projects here I’ll be able to focus more on the chassis. Just about everything is here for it aside form wheel/hoosiers and the carbon airfoil for the rear wing. I took too much on over the winter and just got backed up here a bit. When it’s done I’ll be planning a test day at WGI, maybe VIR, to sort out the suspension and aero tuning. Really unsure of what is going to happen in those areas at the moment being that this is essentially a 1/2 scale 9r6 replica. I’m going to be recruiting a test crew for that day. I’ve got myself, Jesse Clark and Ed Zabinski(2009 Lemans 24hour racer DP #55). Might drag Morgan out of his shop for a day and stuff him in it as well since he’s got some experience in similar chassis.

Should sound good though. Long tube inconel turbo header spooling a K03 with atmo dump of the wastegate, motor spinning to ~14K. It’s not going to be nearly as fast as the Stohr’s running 200hp+ Hayabusa engines, but then I’m not shooting for that with this car anyway. It’s just a toy for me to go chase down Clark and the other BMW guys at some events, probably eventually sell and further fund some other business ventures :slight_smile:

Adopt me.