My new project that has been 9 years in the waiting...

My favorite truck has always been an old school blazer. I want to slam it and put a bit of power under the hood. I had a 4x4 one back in high school and accomplishing that task was more work and funds than I had. So I sold that and got the 2wd truck that has evolved over the years. Well today I got a happy call… 2 dr, 2wd Blazer with a semi-solid body… for $150! I plan on putting in a simple v8 with a manual tranny. I’m gonna lower it, shave it, and paint it. We’ll call this the BEFORE pic:

http://www.s10blazed.com/images/new_blazer_01.jpg

awesome… there hard to find in a 2wd… but for that price… why not good luck on the project… what motor?

Right now its a 2.8 auto. Guy I got it from said it only needs a flywheel and a brake line and its driveable. I didn’t even try to start it.

oh I meen what motor do you want to swap in there?

That’s still pending. Just keeping an eye out for something cheap and easy to swap in. I am 2nd dibs on a buddy’s motor, but still have my eyes peeled. Will need a tranny and pedal, etc too.

awesome
i favor that gen body style

sweet= see if brian at jjs got a typhoon motor for it

he sold one to matt in nc along with a tranny and tranfer case recently

nah, I’m sure the price tag on that will be higher than I want. Also to swap it to a 4.3 will be the same work as swapping to a smallblock. Plus I don’t want the AWD that is standard with the typhoon or the electrical wiring.

wow,congrats!

any swap would be ez!

I saw a swap in an old style s-10 pickup, using the tried & true small block, but with a NV3500 5spd tranny. Worked very well, for moderate power at best, but was easy & cheap. Keep that in mind. Good luck.

Mike

good luck

nice…but when are you showing that ep3 some love???

No plans for it any time soon… sorry. But maybe things will change once it’s paid off. :x:

hell yeah…you know where to look when you need any help with it…are you on ephatch.com?

yeah, I have an account on ephatch but don’t post there much. I keep an eye on the classifieds every now and then hoping for a deal but so many vultures there I always miss them.

yeah i know what you mean lol i live on that site lol if there is anythingyou want me to watch out for let me know

Great Find & Deal On it John ! ! ! ! ! :beer:

Once It Gets Warmer out we’ll get that thing on the ground :bigok: :eek4dance

nice…wat color u gonna paint it?

You know it man! I wish I had a garage because laying on snow to drop a truck is never fun.

I’m kinda growing on the two tone blue scheme it is minus the lower 2nd blue. My options are limited since it has a blue interior…