Newman's 1986 BMW 326rb build thread.

Looking bad-ass :tup:

it would be cool if you milled a heatsink into the transfer case part, it would just look cool and serve no purpose.

ewww bloodsged = NWS

fuck paint. get that shit bronzed (well, coppered. it’s actual copper): patina son

Disgusting, yet interestingly different enough. With enough time it will be seafoam green.

id love to see whaqt it looks like fully polished

thats looks hot in copper…but i would try to find paint and not actual copper…NEWMAN get those wheels and lower it…BTW…what are your plans for suspension or havent u thought about it yet

couldent that be cleared?

Sure but then it won’t turn green. Statue of Liberty style!!!

yea he put an acidic substance on it on purpose to create that effect.

those wheels are borbet type t’s and are discontinued. plus they’re 16x9, so hugely stretched tires. he’s gonna need something fat with a low offset to get some real meat on there to get the power to the ground

newman; for ~$1k you can go 5 lug, from either the e30 m3, or e36 3 series or m3 with z3 trailing arms. better brakes, and much better wheel selection. it’s a bitch finding wheels in a 57.1 centerbore ~+15-25mm offset (depending on width) in 4x100

that copper e30 is hot as hell. seriously. do you have any hi res pics of it?

^^^

i agree 2103004%

that coppered E30 is like a big sexy erection… if i were a girl… but im not.

not a lot to report from last night, started putting the xmission back together, but i had no hondabond. I’ll finish that up tonight…

sorry to get offtopic, but how the fuck do you copper a car. I guess pennys are just copper coated right, so same theory?

Awsome progress

btw,

http://smiliesftw.com/x/kfc.gif Lol. I thought you might find a creative use for this

VW centerbore is 57.1mm and MKII’s use a 4x100 bolt pattern. Plenty of wheel choices. I do, however, understand the upgrade to 5x100 for desired brake components.

electrolisys, bascially the same theory behind chroming

theres always a litte honda in everyone

I think these look better if you had to stick with the 4 x 100

that coppered e30 is sooooo hot