Ninety1two40's 240sx

yeaaa i dont go to the lot to often anymore but maybe i’ll see it out b4 winter

Was this car burgundy? I remember back in 2002 I met a kid at Kohl’s parking lot and he showed it to me. He had the R32 front end on it and 180SX tails and he also had a cam that wasn’t installed, 180SX rear window panels and a crazy oil burning smell. I never ended up buying it (obviously)

And Steve, you only run 7psi? You have the same ceramic turrrrrrbo I push, right? My manifold pressure is (well, WAS) 11psi at full throttle (even with the big FMIC) at 3400 rpms and holds that till about 7k and it falls about a half psi until the redline of 7400. The thing is, there is no boost controller installed, and both the guy who did the swap and the kid who sold me the car said that was the stock ECU pressure, and also that the turbo can’t handle more than 15 psi at max and 13 psi regularly. Additionally, I can’t generate more than 1-2 psi in neutral. It HAS to be in gear to go any higher. Correct me if those numbers (other than my manifold reading) & statements are wrong.

I don’t have my manual boost controller installed, so I’m running off the wastegate spring (7psi). I just don’t care to setup the boost controller. Last year I ran 10psi with the MBC.

The RB25 turbo is slightly better than the RB20 IIRC, RB20 guys bolt up the RB25 turbo’s for mild upgrades. I know that the RB25 turbo’s shouldn’t be pushed more than ~13-15psi because they are ceramic, no more than 12psi with stock injectors (370cc). I can hit 7psi and get some boost creep up to 10psi near redline. IIRC the RB20 has 270cc injectors so you might want to be careful.

I remember that as well. I was there that night with my black EG hatchback. car was maroon but the conversion was like black or flat blakc or blue something dark. Engine bay looked ok but i found a rats nest of wires in the back

yeaa that was akira’s car … yea it wasnt the nicest running car but he had some sick ideas for it with the skyline front and sparco wheels but it was to bad he couldnt finish it

Well, maybe the spring was upgraded? Its the stock wastegate though (see below). And I have also been told the injectors are 440cc. However I have NO way of proving that.

Steve, why didn’t you go to the BBQ at Synapse?

Sorry I wanted too, but was hung over from Saturday night and forgot all about it until Sunday evening. Lame excuse I know. You haven’t seen my car yet have you? It’s probably parked away for the winter now, I heard there is some good weather in NY right now though, but I’m in California until Thanksgiving. I saw some nasty mountain pass roads and wish I could of shipped my car out here to try some touge!!

yeah i haven’t seen your car yet. Oh well there’s time… I guess in spring.

Plans for spring:

5-lug conversion (so I can bolt on my failmax wheels)
300z brakes (front, maybe rear)
Install KAAZ 1.5way
Stance coilovers
Silvia aero
Paint (for the 3rd time)
Carputer
Cover door panels and headliner with black vinyl
Install my AEM Wideband

Possible summer plans:
Holset HX35
Injectors
New downpipe
Tune

+1 For HX35 :up

that thing is a hunk of shit lol…he says its at his dads getting a smallblock :bow

Its pretty nice dude, he’s swapping in a 355.

do the chargespeed kit cause its awesome. if you think your awesome enough to handle it

Nah man, OEM Silvia aero FTW.

That chargespeed kit looks like a freakin skyline though!

failmax :rofl

that chargespeed kit is the tits

yeah it does look good. Starting to get second thoughts. But I really like the super clean look of OEM.

kit is screaming skyline want-to-be
and your motor isnt helping your case if you get it

:rofl

haha true that, but seriously I dont know what your talking about, skyline motor? I swapped my KA24DE for a KA24E long time ago! :rofl:rofl