bdeming's 240sx build

got started on my build, ill post my progress and see if anyone has any good idea’s or what ever. a little info on the car its an 89 coupe converted to RHD. my plan is plum crazy purple with flour. yellow wheels (prolly just XXR 962’s for now). its going to be a slow build, moneys tight and im leaving again for 6 months lol.

parts list (so far):
picked up an s14 sr20 with a few goodies. 550cc injectors, isis turbo/manifold (not sure how its gonna hold up lol), isis outlet, Greddy/Trust DP, hks clutch/flywheel, B&M short shifter, Peak tranny mount,… i also picked up an Apexi VAFC, Greddy elec. boost controller, Greddy FMIC, Greddy RS bov, Koyo rad., flexa-lite fans, curcuit sports coolant overflow tank, solid aluminum motor mounts, isis pulleys, isis sub frame collars… prolly forgetting a few things lol

heres some more pic’s i completely stripped the car and painted the interior white. wasnt going to run a dash but i got some ideas about building a gauge cluster so ill update this soon with the dash in. put the motor in to make sure everything fit good… ill be pulling it out to paint the engine bay, also to do ARP headstuds and Cometic MLS head gasket.

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r93/traxxman03/build.jpg

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r93/traxxman03/build4.jpg

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r93/traxxman03/build2.jpg

liking that fmic.

good work

seems like it was a pretty clean conversion from what i can see in the pics

thanks… did a little dash work yesterday heres some pics.

Going for that rusted VW look I see :lol

haha you got it!

dam that fire wall swap is looking pretty oem, you sure its not a vin swapped car? more pics of the conversion.

hahaha… its usdm

Looks very clean for the year. So whats the big deal with import guys and right hand drive cars? Just the rarity?

i think its just a “being different thing” rhd sucks no dead pedal to rest your foot on.

idk just something ive always wanted, the shells absolutly mint… some people might not like it but, if i like it thats all that matters to me. i dont need a foot rest lol… i use the clutch pedal

forgot about this thread, over the last year or 2 the car has gone from this in 2011.

to this last winter

and to this for 2012, ended up making 355whp in the spring with the SR

i ended the 2012 season like shit, because walls sometimes jump out in front of you haha.

now this is where i stand, ill try to keep it updated. im looking for pointers from some v8 guys on here as this is the first v8 ive touched. i did pick up a TSP 228r cam, valve springs, push rods, a double roller timing chain kit. I plan on getting an ls6 oil pump. and thats about it for now. is there anything you guys would suggest? my goal is ~400whp 400ft-lbs.

that power level is very easy to make reliably with an LS1. Do you know if you have the LS1 or LS6 intake. Also are the internals on the T56 stock? Might not be a bad idea to upgrade the shift forks and syncros before installing it since I would imagine your banging gears fairly hard during a drift event.

It’s a ls1 intake, I just had a fresh rebuild done on the tranny with stock bearings seals and syncros. I prolly should have upgraded it haha

If you decide you need to upgrade the keys and shift pads here is a link to the place I bought some of the stuff a while back.

Alright, thanks for the tip man! Also since mine is a 2000, it has 26lb injectors correct? Should I get a set of 28 or 30lb injectors? I don’t want to get it tuned and be held back my my injectors lol.

Those injectors will be fine with your setup , I may also have a ls6 intake soon . They flow better and don’t have a e.g.r provision so its less b.s . Where I work we can also get ya tuned , if your pcm is from the same yr u have a 0411 p.c.m and is a very good pcm and great to tune on .