Hooked On 240's, 92 240sx Hatch!

Since this is my first post here ill familiarize people with what i got so far.
Well first off, i have 3 240sx’s

89 Hatch Auto SE, 190K -SOLD!
91 coupe 5spd Base model, 133k - Gone!
92 hatch 5spd SE ,165K Daily Driver

My 92 has
3" Header back exhaust
test pipe
Tuned ECU
SR20 370cc injectors
Walbro Fuel pump
Ebay Intake (Traded Header for my Ingen Intake)
Cusco Front Upper Strut Bar
Rear Nismo Sway bar
B&M Short Shift
Mishimoto Rad
98 Silvia SpecS front seats
Megan Racing Coilovers

My updated list for 2008 on my project.
January 1st- off to a good start, i hit a car…
January 9th- Picked up 5lug conversion. Brembo brake kit came, aem top feed fuel rail and a couple other goodies
January 17th- Got Summer rims in the mail. Finallly after recieving the wrong size.
January 18th- Changed oil with Castrol synthec, oil filter, and new rear pads (both sides) also got ALL the freakin salt off. lol
January 24th- Took off Hood heat sheild, degresed engine bay,Sanded and Painted PowerStreering Pump.
January 25th- Installed B&M Short Shift
January 25th- Installed Stock Tail lights
January 29th- Installed new door, now i need a fender
March 5th - Drained/Replaced Tranny fluid
March 20th - Fixed Passenger side door mounts and interior door panal
March 20th - Replaced fender
March 20th - New Front Pads/All New Brake fluid
March 21st - Cleaned up the engine bay alot /Bought a brand new brake booster
March 22nd - Some bitch hit my new fender, popped out dent but theres a HUGE scratch.
March 23rd - Replaced/bought new sunroof glass and latch. (now i need the rubber seal)
March 25th - Bought some H.I.D’s /Motul Rear Diff Oil
April 8th - Painted some enigne bay stuff/spent 5 hours cleaning the bay.
Apirl 16th - Changed oil
April 16th - Removed Top Chain guide.
April 16th - Recharged A/C
and… i stopped keeping track lol.

Sounds nice…theres anouther guy on here selling his…well welcome to the site :banana

Welcome to the site.

You and your 3 240’s remind me of only one other guy who pretty much buys them in bulk, and thats one of Govel’s Welding’s sons, he had 3 last I remember, unless that is you.

lol thats george govel jr. he has 3 too and selling his 1990 240sx…lol 240sx FTW!!

p.s i pulled the CA18det from a guys car in work yesterday… 500 and runs great!! ( he got rear ended and screwed his frame lol )

hey man can you post my car on Club nico forums for me? I would really appreciate it. I am the other guy on the board that has a 240 but my car hates me and I am switching to another ride. Send me an email at damonspeeds@yahoo.com if you could. I have a bunch of extra parts if you want to sell some stuff on there for yourself too

How hard is it to swap those things? And what are the power level for the 1.8?

Finally the obvious, what type of racing are you building your car for if any (show?)

eh, 1.8 im not a fan of only like 175hp stock, i got full 3" exhaust and new headers,along with a aem intake that it comes with…so like 179hp after that?lol but theirs a rod knock coming from the ka24E and i got the car for 300 some what nice body, got the motorset and all for 600.(i drove the car it was in, works great) 127K just gunna fix that up a little swap motor and bam instant Daily driver. The red hatch im going for show. motors gunna stay the way it is til my repo jobs starts (part time for cars in albany and schenectady county)(pay your car!) then ill finally be able to spend money on this stupid addiction

Better stop hitting curbs if your planning on makeing a show car :lmao :banana

lol @ sean ^… well this “caused me” to buy the following ( even tho i only broke the right rear control arm) :idiots

-Cusco 18mm Sway Bar
-New control arms

and the total of all above $70 including labor and alignment!!! because family friends w/ garages are the best!!! :mwahaha :mwahaha,

update for the 89’ i got the motorset today, came with everything, uncut wiring, mines ecu. and a couple other goodies… now if it wasnt going to snow 2FT tommrow i’d start on it tonight…

P.S i hate idiot honda kids trying to drift with FWD. 6 of them almost hit my car. the other night.

Listen drifting in a FWD is the shit…j/k rwd is AWSOME :ruhoh

Sorry :ninja

lol vlad, well im in rotterdam, here you’ll find civics from the 80’s drifting into polls, signs and what not. and there was a brand new SI drifting too that hit a parked car. lol when i went out last night on my sled, i drove threw rotterdam and raced a rotterdam police suv down curry road. he laughed and said 4wd in half of the trucks dont even work. lol

yeah i miss my rwd, but my bimmer isn’t winter appropriate anymore. i have to make the best with my fwd, but i only do it in a safe manner.

Lemme guess… you’re a professional driver on a closed course? :lol

Arnt we all :crackup

:crackup LMAO @ Vlad :crackup

update… well not a update just a quick point less post, this happened 5 minutes ago…lol i went to move my grey 240 into my drive way from my front lawn. Got about 3 inches on the road and a cop comes flying out of no where. He gets on his mega phone saying, DO NOT MOVE!, mean while all my neighboors are coming out to watch the event. 20minutes later after convicing him thats he ridculious, he said “you wanna be ridicious?”, this is ridicous." :angry2 Tried to get me a ticket for :

-Uninspected vechicle
-No registration
-Reckless driving -> trying to get extra$$ for christmas i guess
-Failure to yeild -> To what? snowflakes???
-None visible licence plates. -> DUH its not on the road idoit!!

And then a state trooper stopped and asked whats worng, he laughed and said to the local cop. ont waist your time, the judge will shoot you down for this one.

This is why shcenectady cops should not be allowed in rotterdam.!! period! :headbang

cops are rediculous

dude that is to ironic because when I first put my 240 on the road I got no insp, no registration, switched plates, no lights and loud exhaust. Get a lawyer a quick 250$ can save you points and drop a couple tickets. You are lucky they did not try to bring you to the station. and tow your car to impound because they did that to me. It was premeditated :angry2 if they appeared out of no were someone isn’t feeling you. :angry2

maybe bacause my grey 240 has a exhaust leak, and loud rod knock, ( i run it 4 times a week). and my red 240 has a 3" full exhaust going to a 4.5 in can. and possibly b/c i have all three on my front lawn, only 1 is on the road, one is under a carcover and the grey on is just chillen there

I forgot to mention, the ca18det is the 180sx (240sx in europe)

Quick Nissan Lesson:

Japan sr20det 2.0L Turbo
Europe CA18det 1.8L Turbo
USA KA24de 2.4L (Should have made them turbo)

But back to the question, the CA is easy to swap if it comes with the harness, just about the same work to install a SR. If you dont have the harness, GOOD LUCK! lol. but i just got the motor in my basement today, just cleaning and inspecting for now. O! and btw, the Ka24E, is running great, after i got bored yesterday, i pulled it in the garage, did a motor flush, and replaced vavle cover gasket, and it runs great, the oil was nasty, lol it looked like Mrs. Butterworth was all up in my motor!