Picked up a 240z

I need to stop spending money.

http://www.mturck.com/240z/DSCF2824.jpg
http://www.mturck.com/240z/DSCF2799.jpg
http://www.mturck.com/240z/DSCF2792.jpg

Formerly a california car, sold to a man in Hamburg. Spent 4 months in Hamburg driven by a young girl (guy’s daughter) who blew the transmission out. It was then sold to the PO who bought it with the intention of making a pro street drag car. It sat in his yard and he never worked on it though for the past 7 years. It was put away running so I’m gonna see if I can get the L24 running to atleast tool around with it until I can put the swap together I want to do. I’m HOPING to do Paint/Interior/Suspension this winter and drive it on the stock engine with a new trans in the spring. We’ll see. Overall the chassis is very clean, front frame rails are solid, inner fender wells and 1/4 panels and rockers are solid. Roof has a bit of surface rust, it needs a hatch, and like all 240’s the floorboards under the pedals appear to be trash (thankfully they make weld in replacements that are of thicker steel). Anyway, yeah, I finally have gone down the Japanese car path, I knew it was going to happen sooner or later, just didnt really expect it now. I blame driving/drifting doffitt’s 350z all year, and then going out with the S1DC guys and Bing at Dunnville.

More pics tomorrow and this weekend. :slight_smile:

Awesome project car! Good luck with it.

who much did you get er’ for? what kind a swap you have planned for it? 951, 951, 525, and a series 1 Z. i like your taste in cars. g/l with the project.

peace

It was on ebay, I made contact outside of ebay as he was local to me. I got it for just a touch over a grand. :slight_smile:

man you got a good price for that car those are very rare and can cost alot of $$$ congrats shes sexy.

L24e, awesome car. plsplsplspls rb26 it, the car has prime engine room and such good body design to be left alone!! please update me with the work on this car, as im jealous :frowning:

Rb26 would be gay.

That thing NEEDS a v8 for sure.

+1 I don’t know why you fanboys keep sucking Nissan’s cock about that motor. It’s not a bad motor, but that’s about it, the 2JZ is like atleast 3 times better, and LSX motors own it hardcore.

Nice find, i always loved those cars

Sweet Z for the price. A good friend of mine just estabished Kameari USA and for classic Toyota and Datsuns.

TOYOTA

• Toyota 2TG

• Toyota 18RG

• Toyota Other

DATSUN

• Datsun L6 Products

• Datsun L4

• Datsun FJ20

• Datsun A Series

• Datsun Other

www.kameariusa.com

http://www.kameariusa.com/images/hmnew.jpg

sweet ride man, ive always wanted one, its just a pain to find one

+2. a nice light v8 are what those cars need.

peace

Sorry, no LSx Swap here. I want to do a VQ, but Bing is trying to convince me otherwise. I’ll have a good idea this weekend when I get to delve into the car a bit.

VQ ftw, love that motor.
you are the guy who drifted the white 350z?
nice find and freaking awesome price.
enjoy the ride.

rb ftw! keep the inline 6 theme just updated!

thought the vq was too wide?

plus there’s a couple really good quality kits on the marktet to get the rb in there nice and happy…

VQ is crap, boosted LSx.

Solarian… stop talking shit about the JZ motors being 3x better then an RB.

You are not knowing!

Damn internet dweebs.

Yes 3x as tested by whom on what grounds…it all sounds so scientific.

His comments aren’t relevant - homeboi drives a Solara hence the 2JZ stroking :-p

Wow, yes, lets measure what people say on the internet. What a grand idea!
It’s better because it makes more power, it’s more reliable, it has a better tranny available to it, I can keep going. Make one point for the RB26 over the 2JZ, just one, I want to hear it.
And seriously, what the fuck do you care what I drive? You drive an early 90’s car and seem to think you’re black or something. Yea, that’s real fuckin baller.

Whats wrong with an rb26det not tt if your so sure a 2jz is better?

LOL don’t be a woman. I thought the tongue smiley face would cap off my comment OK.

I’ve sampled both motors and prolly tested more cars than you have read about. And my “early 90s car” is a just a weekend toy much like a Playstation is to you.

Not interested in your net bitch fest sorry.