Jumped head first into the deep end at the JDM kiddie pool.....

Ooops. I need to stop spending money.

http://www.mturck.com/240z/DSCF2824.jpg
http://www.mturck.com/240z/DSCF2799.jpg
http://www.mturck.com/240z/DSCF2792.jpg

Formerly a california car, sold to a man in Hamburg. Spent 4 months in Hamburg driven by a young girl (guy’s daughter) who blew the transmission out. It was then sold to the PO who bought it with the intention of making a pro street drag car. It sat in his yard and he never worked on it though for the past 7 years. It was put away running so I’m gonna see if I can get the L24 running to atleast tool around with it until I can put the swap together I want to do. I’m HOPING to do Paint/Interior/Suspension this winter and drive it on the stock engine with a new trans in the spring. We’ll see. Overall the chassis is very clean, front frame rails are solid, inner fender wells and 1/4 panels and rockers are solid. Roof has a bit of surface rust, it needs a hatch, and like all 240’s the floorboards under the pedals appear to be trash (thankfully they make weld in replacements that are of thicker steel). Anyway, yeah, I finally have gone down the Japanese car path, I knew it was going to happen sooner or later, just didnt really expect it now. I blame drifting Moffitt’s 350z all year, and then going out with the S1DC guys and Bing at Dunnville.

More pics tomorrow and this weekend. :slight_smile: :picard::lol:

sweet pick, gotta love old skool. ive wanted one of those forEVER! good luck :wink:

This oughta be fun.

And it’s also great because now that you have yet another project, newman will finish his car before you finish your 944 :tup:

Welcome Nissan n00b :slight_smile:

I like, and dont ever think about putting the stock front bumper back on it.

So will this be the new driftmobile? Or are you planning something else?

Yeah Rick, plan is to use this for summer fun/dorifto as the 944 is totally unsuited for sliding.

[quote=“Superium,post:5,topic:38822"”]

I like, and dont ever think about putting the stock front bumper back on it.

[/quote]

Dont worry, I’m not. Different front lower valance, but no bumper.

dawt. what did it end at?

hit me up on aim if you want that hatch

i like the front bumper, as long as those extra sht isn’t on there. I’m gonna remove the bumper trim and those 2 things and put caps in the holes.

someone makes fiberglass bumpers to paint body color, that’s another route which I may take at some point

sry i only know honduh’s

thats a nissan what?

early 70’s 240z…

awesome project. I really like it.

Rofl, I realized I didnt even post the year, it’s a 71 Datsun 240z.

whats the plan for the interior?

-L24

+vq35

:wink:

Wow, can’t believe you actually got it. Very nice dude, hopefully you finish at least one project this year :wink:

[quote=“dmoffitt,post:13,topic:38822"”]

-L24

+vq35

[/quote]

Agree fully!

[quote=“dmoffitt,post:13,topic:38822"”]

-L24

+vq35

:wink:

[/quote]

SH! :newman:

i might have an extra SR20 in the next few weeks…

Awesome buy!!! Gotta love classic Z’s. Can’t wait to see it progress:tup: SR20 swap maybe??

yeah moffit, stop spilling the beans. :tdown: :stuck_out_tongue:

OH JEAH!!
awesome pick for a project, was actually considering putting my Honda plans for next year on hold & getting another one of these…

orange & everything, just like my old 72 :cry:

My god how I love these cars.

very nice. Probably a future project for myself as well.