originalsin's 73 240z build

so i finally picked up a car to mess around with out here, a 1973 datsun 240z. it was some kids race car project and the car was/is pretty gutted. it supposedly just needed a head gasket when i bought it, but it turned out to be much more than that. not a big deal, L series engines are a dime a dozen out here and ill have a running one in it soon. here are my plans…

-get a running engine in the car
-custom coilover setup with s13 coilovers
-replace all suspension bushings
-wheels, somewhere around 15x10 with loww offsets
-zg fender flares
-paint (still undecided on color, throw some suggestions out)
-fix dash
-cage/roll bar

there are plenty of other little things that need attention along the way but thats the main things. hopefully all this will be done by mid summer, then i plan on looking into a different engine setup. totally up in the air on this, ls1, ka-t, sr20, rb25 or maybe even an m52. i have plenty of time to think that option over though…

here are some pics from previous owner…

engine is now out, have been working on getting some stuff back on the car, like driver and pass. windows, cleaning up wiring, and fixing other small things…

nice pickup dude :tup:
glad to finally see some pics of it
looks like it should be a fun project

Awesome man

fan-tas-tic

niceeee

awesome!

nice :tup:

is it orange or red? it looks red in the first 2 pics, and orange in the last one. (willy’s input will be ignored.)

LOL

awesome andy, looks like a fun project.

looks like pearl magma red to me… :wink:

hahha… i giggled when i read what you wrote btw.

(i agree i cant tell, my vote is for red)

yeah its tech some shade of red, but it does look orange sometimes.

Damn, that looks very clean. Nice grab. :tup:

It is, that’s why I’m ok with the engine being junk. Came with lots of extras as well, build e88 head w schnieder came, should be able to sell this for the cost of a running L series. Also has alt upgrade, ignition upgrade, spec 6 puck clutch, short shifter and brand new gr2s.

nice pickup, keep us posted =)

yeah I am jealous that you found one with the body in such great shape.

If you don’t mind, what price range was this in?

Dizzzzope

I payed 1400. They pop up on CL out here for like 2k all the time, not always as clean, and usually not w extras. And only sometimes w running engine

I might land one of these for a project car one day. I love this body style.

I bought mine for $400 sans engine and in a lot worse shape here in hilton.