*OFFICIAL* 06-07 Toronto Maple Leafs Season Thread

yar… im want to see the league say it was a “clean hit”

…and Youtube to get it up

That hit doesn’t surprise me at all. The league sent a message with the Drury hit. “Late blindside hits to the head are clean”. Expect to see lots more of this until someone gives Bettman a late blindside hit in front of a bus and we get a commissioner who actually PLAYED hockey.

^^^ applause

seriously, this might be the dirtiest hit all year in the NHL. im calling for Jannessen HEAD.

bullshit hit, even thou it was a leaf player, still dont like seeing other people getting carried off in the strecher

The way he was laying after the hit looked so unnatural you know he was fucked up badly.

wow that was fucking cheap, i cant believe his teammates didnt fucking annihilate that guy like our guys did when drury took his hit

yeah, scary actually.

Wow, all i gotta say is :

1. the nhl fucking SUCKS. how do they let shit like this happen
  2. his teammates SUCK. they should have fucking annihilated the dude that him him, just like our guys stuck up for drury when he got hit.

really shitty :tdown:

his teammates were actually ordered to worry about winning the game instead of retailiting. March 20th will be the retaliation time :tup:

why not do both :gotme: we seemed to have no problem doin it. i feel bad for the guy he got freakin smashed! hopefuly hell be alright

retaliate, you get penalty minutes, duh… They NEED the win, every chance they get they need.

yeah, youre right. the leafs need every point they can get, so that makes sense. that shit still pisses me off though, and im not even a leafs fan

I know it sucks, i watched the hit too. Its just a shame that they are in the place that they are to not be able to make a statement…

Word man…thats gotta be frustrating as fuck :mad:

thats fucking bullshit, nhl is pissing me off. they are letting this shit happen and not doing fucking SHIT about it. i wish tucker would of jumped out and fucking destroyed him

Any word on the NHL doing anything about this?

3 GAMES??? :mad:

The NHL has suspended New Jersey Devils tough guy Cam Janssen three games for his hit on Toronto Maple Leafs defenceman Tomas Kaberle.

The Leafs’ assists leader was hit in the head by Janssen about two or three seconds after he made a pass in his own end of the ice in the second period of Friday’s game. He then fell to the ice and hit his head against the side boards at the Continental Airlines Arena.

Kaberle lay on the ice for a couple of minutes before he sat up. A neck brace was attached before he was placed on a stretcher and wheeled off the ice. He spend the night in a New Jersey hospital, but was released Saturday.

Referees Kelly Sutherland and Brad Watson didn’t call a penalty.

It is expected Kaberle will be out at least 1-2 weeks with a head injury.

That was a horrible cheap shot and 3 games is nothing.Nichol got like 19 or 20 games for jawing spacek and he was fine the next day. That was a intentional cheap shot he should be out for the rest of the season, ouch for kaberle i got chills when i saw that. That was fucked up for the rest of the team not to retailiate and beat the shit out of that devils player, and the excause that they were instructed to win the game is bull because we still won the game when drury got knocked out by neil, and almost out whole team brawled with the senators.

What do you expect from a league that pretended a late hit (granted not as late) on Drury was fine?