*OFFICIAL* 06-07 Toronto Maple Leafs Season Thread

nichol got like 8 or 9 games…

still, the suspension is retarded. Seriously this league needs to be ran by people who have actually PLAYED the game. jawing a guy is not comparable to sending a player head first into the boards with a late hit. so why are the penalty for doing so, so lopsided? colin campbell is a joke

yea thats pretty ridiculous, him and neil should both be done for the season if they were serious about ending “head shots”

Have fun playing golf during the playoffs.

yea that hit was scary, it seems to me that nothing will be done about hits to the head unless 1 of 2 things happen; 1. the players actually stand up and say something, 2. someone get paralyzed for life from something like that

unfortunately thats prolly what its going to take.

p.s.- Leafs actually showed up a bit last night. Still lost though

They did play better. sux about Kaberle

http://images.tsn.ca/images/stories/20070303/sabres_76753.jpg

sidenote about neil…did you see him take out the carolina defensmen going back to touch up for icing? when is the league gonna put 2 and 2 together and say “wow, this guy seems to be involved in alot of completely avoidable cheapshot injuries” :gotme:

^ See above about “when bettman gets hit bya bus”.

as much as a i hate neil, he really looked like he was going for the puck.

KABERLE UPDATE: The Toronto defenceman suffered a concussion and back spasms from the ugly hit he took from Janssen in Friday night’s game. Kaberle, the Leafs’ top blue-liner, is out indefinitely.

:mad:

sucks when anybody gets hurt like that. But on the bright side, atleast you have an excuse as to why you won’t make it to the playoffs this year.

lol, i dont think a team can attribute its failures to the loss of a second line defenseman…

i mean injuries in general. Afterall, that was gonna be my excuse if the sabers were even close to sucking after losing 6 Key players. Guess sabres don’t have to worry about that though…yet.

That really sucks. can you do me a favor and post up a gif of kaberle hitting the boards? you know, like the one you posted of drury getting hit by neil?

kthx

burn.

no. i posted a pic of Drury not a gif

kthx :2fingers:

well, that’s okay then.

here, made in “black and white” to add drama

http://a123.g.akamai.net/f/123/12465/1d/media.canada.com/idl/mtgz/20070304/211652-66610.jpg?size=l

Hard to add drama with a red X

Hard to spell drama with only 1 “a” and and a silent “e” :biglaugh:

haha… pic not showing? It’s working for me.