Official 2010 Camaro Thread ***Prices***

So has anyone heard that the 09 Camaro will have an LS7 option? I also heard that it may have an LS3 Supercharged option. I have been drilling the GM rep who is in charge of that platform because I am going to order one but he won’t give me any info. probably because he knows I’ll spill it to you guys. White with black racing stripes and black interior in the coupe.

http://z.about.com/d/alternativefuels/1/7/u/1/-/-/Camaro.jpg

ooooooo preeettty,

bumble bee, stop lubricating him

SS needs to compete with the Srt-8 so my guess is the LS3 with 430 to 450 HP and 40 grand.

Edit: Lots of info on here: http://www.camaro5.com/

LS9 swap FTW

Blue with white rally stripe to match :slight_smile:
Just waiting for the final details.

But I did see the 4 concepts though at multiple shows. The orange vert, the red rolling chassis, the silver coupe, and the yellow bumblebee. While the vert is sexy, I’ll still take the coupe.

http://www.rodandpiston.com/db/upload/files/IMG_0752.jpg

http://www.rodandpiston.com/db/upload/files/joe_camaro.jpg

New pics of the Camaro without the camo

http://www.thegmsource.com/images/2007/c5.jpg

im really not a fan of the new Camaro, at all… call me crazy but i like the catfish years better

Where’s the new Firebird???

This is a post from another message board I frequent. It is from Scott Settlemeyer for those of you that know who he is.

Good morning, Camaro Comrades and Firebird Friends!

As most of you know, the past couple of weeks has seen several unauthorized photos of the Camaro – both interior and exterior – leaked to the public. Frankly, they’ve caught us by surprise. Unauthorized photos are, invariably, taken quickly without much thought - and as a result – are not very flattering.

Since then, our Vice Chairman, Bob Lutz has ordered that we remove all the cammo off of the mules and early builds…and in fact our General Manager – Ed Peper is encouraging you to actively look for Camaros on the road and to take pics of them…and that’s a first at least in my memory! Since then, we’ve revealed one picture of a white mule on the track in Australia.

The overwhelming response to these photos has been positive – altho. the first couple of days after each picture hits the net – we have some ‘rough spots’ – in terms of comments and behavior. That is probably not a bad thing because – in most cases (not all) people are passionate about this car…

I’d like you to think about something as pictures continue to flood the internet…

There are a lot of GM’s – in fact the industry’s finest – working on this car.

We want this to be the best Camaro ever –

–in terms of straight out performance–

–in terms of ride and handling for every-day use –

–in terms of handing on a road course – (some may tend to forget that the late 4th Gen cars will STILL shame most of what’s on the road today…regardless of price…)

– and we want it to be the best in terms of interior comfort and quietness…

We want this Camaro to be a car you WANT to drive everyday – no matter where you’re going – no matter what the traffic conditions are…

We want it to put a smile on your face everytime you open the door and get in and fire up the engine.

BUT – we are concentrating on something else as well…

PRIDE OF OWNERSHIP…

Yes – PRIDE OF OWNERSHIP…

We want you to go out and climb into one of these new Camaros – we want you to fire up the engine – we really wish we could SEE the look on your face as you floor the accelerator for the first time

(and DON’T forget to PUT THAT SEATBELT ON…)

…we want you to be so blown away by this new Camaro that you can’t sign the papers fast enough!

…we want to watch as you park it somewhere and turn around - time and time again – as you walk away from it - with that sense of pride that says:
“Yup – THAT CAMARO IS ALL MINE! – beware, all of you who drive something so inferior!!!”

We want you to enjoy the respect this car will bring to those of you who take it to the track…

We want you to enjoy the fellowship that Camaro brings to you thru Camaro Clubs and Internet sites…

We want people who may not even KNOW what a Camaro is – to take one look – and say “OMG – what is that and where do I sign?”

We take the creation of an all-new Camaro very seriously.

VERY seriously.

Most of us were around to watch in mourning as the 4th Gen ‘rode off into the sunset.’ Believe me – you don’t know what pain that was for most of us – you don’t know the sleepless nights – and painful days. Yes – it was very much like losing a child to some of us. On the other hand - many of you DO know the pain – because you experienced it with us…

So - just understand, as you look at pictures of the test mules – that we know there’s a high expectation – and we intend to meet those expectations. We have a lot at stake here – this is our livelihood – and it’s our PASSION…

Yup – not everyone will like the console gages – but for each person who doesn’t like 'em, I -think we’ll have at least one – probably a lot more – that think they’re the 'cat’s jammies." Perhaps another won’t like the back-up lamps – and another may not like the interior fabric…but we think that overall – this Camaro is gonna BLOW YOU AWAY…

So - enjoy the pics – keep the civilized discussion going – but for those who have some misgivings – I simply ask you to please wait to draw final conclusions until after you’ve touched and felt a new Camaro in person.

I hope to see you in Indianapolis on September 19-21, 2008!

Scott

wow, thats a hellof a change asking people to take pics of the car and removing all of the camo.

edit: I made this the “Official” Camaro thread so if you guys get more info please put it in here so its collected. I will be putting all updates in here as I get them.

I will be on the watch in Detroit. I saw a Challenger on the road with camo last month.

Some interior and exterior

I dont like the square gauge surrounds, should of left them in the 60s maros. Although i bet maro lovers will like them.

i love the pieces of Duct tape over the radio, thats awesome

new mustang meets dodge charger

its Decent looking at best.

its way to tall… an almost exact clone of the 67 - 69 lines would have been awesome.

Front view… and its even in the right color

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh214/TORQDSS/frontview09camaro.jpg

I’d be lieing if I said I wasnt excited to drive this.

I think the headlights are just a touch too small.

i can just see them on jack stands now…