Poor toyota has to cheat in Nascar!!!!Wonder if they'll take the wins away?

yeah sprint cup is the old winston cup and nationwide is busch series.
replacing vice sponsors with cell phones and insurance :tdown:

Just checked and I am wrong.I seen the 18 for Busch and the 20 for Tony and thought it was the main series.Thanks for clearing that up for me guys.

I just love the irony of a motorsports association using a cell phone company as a main sponsor.

Because a watch company is so much better. $$$$ This thread is filled with so much garbage it’s funny.

nextel makes watches?
winston made watches?

And just how do magnets under the gas pedal make it go faster?

I was comparing it to other major us racing series (grandam). My point is who cares what the major sponsor is it’s a money issue. It’s not like nascar is the only major series sponsored by a cellphone company (vidaphone or however its spelled).

It limits the travel of the pedal

i wasn’t talking about the money they give, or their corporate prescense, or ANY OF THAT. I was simply talking about the irony of it. :slight_smile:

cell phone sponsoring a car racing series - when in most states of this country it is illegal to drive while using a cell phone.

:eyebrow:

A watch co? I couldn’t possibly make that connection any easier for you… THEY KEEP TIME. You know, like lap times.

:stuck_out_tongue:

What makes it more confusing is that many of the drivers drive in both.

I have two questions:

What are the engine restrictions for NASCAR? I thought the engine had specific mechanical design criteria, I didn’t realize it was horsepower limited as well.

How does a magnet under the gas pedal hide horsepower?

wow. an explanation of irony was needed. And it’s not even night crew shift.

I wasn’t questioning the irony, I just thought you were using it as an excuse to crap on nascar since everyone loves to do it. My mistaken but I will give you the watch correlation :slight_smile:

the magnet is NOT there when racing… they put a magnet under there when on the dyno as to not let the throttle butterfly open all the way, thus limiting the HP only on the dyno.

it is removed when they go race. More HP when racing vs dyno time.

Why use a magnet?

Edit: nevermind, I get it.

How long before the american public bans Cellphone advertising when more people die from cellphone brain cancer than cigarettes. And get afflicted with carpal tunnel from txting all the time.

Yes the irony of drinking and driving vs Talking on phone while driving is there but weak.

back on topic with the magnetic throttle limits… brilliant. do they actually dyno the whole car at the track??

They do spot checks. Read below.

NASCAR checks Nationwide horsepower after Michigan race: UPDATE 2: As is typical for a Nationwide Series visit to Michigan International Speedway, NASCAR put cars on a chassis dynamometer to check horsepower. After the race, NASCAR put 10 cars on the dynamometer. Those taken were the Roush Fenway Racing Fords of #60-Carl Edwards and #16-Greg Biffle, the Toyotas of Braun Racing’s #32-Brian Vickers and Joe Gibbs Racing’s #20-Tony Stewart and #18-Joey Logano, the Chevys of JR Motorsports’ #5-Mark Martin and #88-Brad Keselowski, Phoenix Racing’s #1-Mike Bliss and Richard Childress Racing’s #2-Clint Bowyer and the Dodge of Chip Ganassi Racing’s #40-Dario Franchitti. NASCAR recently changed a rule in the size of the spacer that restricts airflow in the Nationwide Series engines to limit the horsepower of the Toyotas.(SceneDaily.com)(8-16-2008)
UPDATE: Joe Gibbs Racing’s Nationwide Series teams will be penalized for attempting to manipulate the throttle so NASCAR would not get a true horsepower reading when putting their cars on the chassis dynamometer following the Carfax 250 at Michigan International Speedway, NASCAR spokesman Jim Hunter said Saturday night. Both the #18 and #20 teams face penalties for what was a blatant attempt to interfere with the inspection process, Hunter said. “What they did was not in effect during the race,” Hunter said. “They didn’t have an illegal part or engine during the race. They tried to do something involving a magnet so that we wouldn’t get a true reading on the dyno.”(SceneDaily.com)(8-17-2008)
UPDATE: Joe Gibbs has issued the following statement: “If this alleged incident proves true, it goes against everything we stand for as an organization. We will take full responsibility and accept any penalties NASCAR levies against us. We will also investigate internally how this incident took place and who was involved and make whatever decisions are necessary to ensure that this kind of situation never happens again. The expectations we set for everyone at Joe Gibbs Racing begins with me, and I personally apologize to NASCAR, our partners and our fans for the negative light this situation has cast upon all of us.”(Joe Gibbs Racing PR)(8-17-2008)

Someone left neg and asked for facts to back this up

Hendricks is the flagship of NASCAR, Which is why Junior went there to Win races.
No suprise they are the best team in nascar and have been for some time.
Facts to back up Kyle Buschs inability to win are.
His only win with Hendrick came when he spun dale junior into the side of his own teammate Jimmy Johnson to drive away with the win. (kyle busch and johnson were the teamates at this time for the slow people here)
He did it in the middle of the back straight it was 100% obviously deliberate.
Right after that race they started talking about how they werent having him back next year.

Once you figure out that there is no S on the end of Hendrick, then you can come back and start spewing all of your NASCAR “facts”

The ways in which you suck as a member of this forum are beyond my ability to reason.

Go Away.

Young Busch has a ton of talent and he is good for the sport. His brothers feud with Spence has nothing on the way Kyle angers everyone with his attitude but then throws it in their face by winning.

Hendrick Motorsports is not having a great year at all. J. Gordon has been mediocre for the most part and since he shares secrets with the 48…I am surprised of how they are performing.

Casey Mears is useless in Hendrick and gone as of 09. Hopefully they bring in a good talent and have 5 strong teams

They already brought in Mark Martin to replace Mears…holy all star squad.

I had heard that…but I didnt know MM was up for a full season.

NICE!