nascar+import car companys?

i caught the end of something on the X today him saying id rather shut nascar down then see an import car company run the series

discuss…

toyota coming to nascar

whats wrong with that?

in 07

just a shell doesnt mean shit about the company. its all in the team that makes the car and chasis and engine. blah blah blah.

I’d like to see MINI nascar

The Focus
The Aveo
The Echo
The Neon

:rofl:

isn’t toyota still going to use their 4.2 liter v8 or something like it???

im for it.

I’m for it as long as it stays naturally aspirated 358 cube v8s. I don’t want any turbo 4 cylinder nascars.

Sprint cars are so much better than nascar anywas, 1200 lbs. and 850 horse > 3400 lbs. and 750 horse.

But I will probably check out the race in richmond this year considering I live like 20 miles from the track.

that just might make me want to stop watching…

yup when that happens im done, when we lose NASCAR we have lost everything :mullet:

:frowning: lol

God forbid nascar would disappear, we might see racing with high technology and talent, like Formula 1.

yeah ok because theres no talent in nascar…i forgot :bash: :jerkit:

technology??? sorry no turbos aloud in nascar.

Formula one engines are naturally aspirated too. :bash:

They dont use turbos, however they do spin 19,000 rpms

whats wrong with that?

nascar should just be left the way it is.

Nascar, the perfect “sport”, right up there with poker.

whats that? people at home sleeping through 470 miles.

if you dont like it, dont watch it…

i didnt know poker was a sport either…but ok. :burnout:

i’m not a nascar fan, but i’m going to be the biggest Toyota supporter, just to piss of all those hick Nascar fans that make comments like the one Joe posted.

i don’t see what the big deal is…they are just worried that toyota will dominate.
& they do have a deep pockets to do so.

import companies are doing a lot better in motorsports right now.
i don’t follow IRL too much but last i saw chevy was getting its ass kicked, Ford wasn’t doing well in Formula 1. CART/champ car has Ford, but CART isn’t as popular as it was a few years ago.

If a team can come in, follow the rules & do a better Job then so be it.

besides nascar what other popular motorsports do american companies do well in??
NHRA
WRC has ford still i think?