Poor toyota has to cheat in Nascar!!!!Wonder if they'll take the wins away?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nascar/news?slug=ap-nascar-gibbscheating&prov=ap&type=lgns
No wonder Busch has been winning every week.
D

To be fair…it is only the Nationwide (minor league)

If this is found on the cup level it will be disaster for the sport.

Fuck nascar.

not only is Nascar lame as hell, but the sport was founded on who could cheat better.

Everyone knows Toyota found gobs of power, making more power will draw attention, that was a piss poor way of trying to hide it.

meh, it’s motorsports.
every team cheats, it’s just the good teams don’t get caught.

Uh no this is the big boys league!!!

haha, true…
except the lame comment

Nothing new, Toyota always cheats.
And what I got from reading about 1/4 of the article, it wasnt Toyota that cheated it was the gibbs? racing team.

NASCAR SUCKS.

Hendricks ditched kyle busch because he didnt produce or play well with his teamates.
No surprise to see them cheating, even if they werent cheating the kid couldnt win without a clearly faster car.
Hendricks proved that.

reading this makes my head hurt. you have to understand what they tried to do…

No, this occurred in the nationwide series only.

It is definitely bad for the sport, no doubt. Toyota is not cheating, Gibbs Racing is cheating. They are making too much power and this was an attempt to make it look like they are making less so that they do not lose an additional percentage of HP.

They knocked off 20 HP a few weeks ago and they are still destroying everyone else.

correct. i dont know why this a such a large issue. they make more power, isnt it some elses job on another team to make more power also?

Clearly Toyota powerplants are far superior to GM, Dodge, and Ford. That should get the American pride homos rolling… :smiley:

Clearly, maybe it is b/c toyota uses cc and everyone else uses cubic inches? people who win are called cheaters… that is why i havent won this year…

OT: a funny thing happend to me when i was lined up to go out for my race, a track tech person came over and asked if i would look at something after my race was done to see if it was legal. mind you this is the same person who “DQ’ed” me two years ago… I ended up helping him, but thought it was funny.

Toyota wasn’t cheating. The Gibb’s team was attempting to hide their superior HP numbers so they wouldn’t be neutered by NASCAR for having an advantage. I personally think its hilarious that Toyota built its first ever pushrod engine just for NASCAR and built it better than the companies that have been fiddling with them for the last century.

JDM People > Rednecks apparently.

I love when people make “negative” threads and don’t even know the real story, it’s makes them look so intelligent.

X…

:picard: Do you have any idea how many restrictions are placed on how to build a NASCAR engine in order to keep competition alive? If they actually had free rein to build them how they wanted, all of the manufacturers would easily be at more than double the power they make now. The reason Toyota was allowed to make more power to start this year was because they sucked so much last year. If one manufacturer is doing shitty, they get concessions to even it up. If one starts kicking ass, then they hinder them a little. The Toyota engine is by no means better.

Just posting the story and thought it was funny as there was a thread a few days/weeks ago saying how great the kyle busch/toyotas were this year.Sorry if it offends you for some reason.:shrug:
And Isn’t the nationwide series the big boys now.I’m pretty sure it is.

natiowide is to nascar what NCAA is to the NFL.

They both have huge followings, but the latter are the “big boys”