Official Toyota cheats thread

Discuss

toyota cheats?

i’m lost??

NASCARs newest manufacturer has been nailed for cheating on the #55 car.

First they reported the use of Sterno…now it sounds like Jet fuel?

silly imports trying to play with the BIG 3?!?!?!

Severe penalties levied against Waltrip Racing
Two MWR members ejected, Waltrip loses 100 points
By NASCAR.COM
February 14, 2007
06:45 PM EST
Save Article Email Article Print Article RSS
type size: + -

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. – NASCAR announced Wednesday that it has confiscated the primary car of the No. 55 Toyota team that competes in the Nextel Cup Series with driver Michael Waltrip, as a result of rule violations found during pre- and post-qualifying inspection for the Daytona 500.

Crew chief Larry (David) Hyder and the team’s vice president of competition Bobby Kennedy have been ejected from this week’s events at Daytona International Speedway and suspended indefinitely. Hyder also has been fined $100,000.
Michael Waltrip
Michael Waltrip

NASCAR also penalized Waltrip with the loss of 100 driver points. His qualifying time from pole day on Feb. 11 was disallowed.

Team owner Elizabeth (Buffy) Waltrip has been penalized 100 car owner championship points.

The actions taken by NASCAR resulted from violations of 12- 4-A (actions detrimental to stock car racing), 12-4-Q (car, car parts components and/or equipment not conforming to NASCAR rules) and 20-15.2C (gasoline must not be blended with alcohols, ethers or other oxygenates).

When asked how long indefinite might be, NASCAR vice president for competition Robin Pemberton said “that’s very long. When it decides it wants to, the team can apply for them to be reinstated.”

Pemberton added that ejections were not open for appeal the National Stock Car Commission.

NASCAR cleared Waltrip’s back-up No. 55 Camry to participate in Wednesday’s two practices for Thursday’s Gatorade Duel qualifying races, but it never left the garage. Pemberton said at 6:15 p.m. ET the car had not yet cleared inspection.

The confiscated car and the parts related to the violations will be transported to the NASCAR Research and Development Center in Concord, N.C., for further inspection.

NASCAR said the investigation of the confiscated car is ongoing.

When asked how long indefinite might be, Pemberton said “that’s very long. When it decides it wants to, the team can apply for them to be reinstated.”

Fisrt and last time I’ll visit nascar.com :stuck_out_tongue:

Boris Said today - “If you are not cheating in NASCAR, you are not trying.”

LMAO

hahaha… foreigners.

IM GOIN TO THE RACE. YA IM A HUGE HICK :roll2:

but for real, i leave tomorrow night for daytona :slight_smile:

i :heart: this kind of stuff, at any level, “if you NOT cheating, you are behind the curve”

[quote=“TrueBlue,post:5,topic:24567"”]

Fisrt and last time I’ll visit nascar.com :stuck_out_tongue:

[/quote]

Not with that spelling…

[quote=“AWDrifter,post:6,topic:24567"”]

Boris Said today - “If you are not cheating in NASCAR, you are not trying.”

LMAO

[/quote]

:rofl:

I was listening to 103.3 when they were talking about some driver getting busted for a foreign substance in the IM (in restrictor plate applications) but it wasn’t really cheating but circumventing the rules (via loophole) which they then plugged from then on.

Get away with whatever you can until they close the loopholes.

cheating = innovation :tup:

Toyota got dinged harder than the Evernham and Rouch teams that were penalized. Almost double :eek:

Maybe Mike should threaten to have his brother break into Bill France, Jr.'s house and scream “BOOGETY-BOOGETY-BOOGETY” at the top of his lungs every night from 10pm-5am until his old car gets reinstated :slight_smile:

That would speed up the appeal process for sure.

Speaking of appeal process, I thought if the teams appeal, they would still be allowed to compete if the appeals board didn’t meet and decide on the appeal by Thursday?

The Toyota name will be a target of officials all season.

Every top team in every race series manipulates the rules or flat out cheats. Its a part of racing.

Also, there are no true “factory” efforts as you see in formula 1. Teams are affiliated and supported by the manufacturers, but "Toyota " didnt cheat. A team that builds these archaic machines that just happens to have a toyota emblem on the hood got caught doing what they always do.

True, them there foreigner cars ain’t welcome. We’re gonna get’em dagnab it!

http://dukesgallery.tripod.com/roscoe-2.jpg

[quote=“Rx3,post:13,topic:24567"”]

True, them there foreigner cars ain’t welcome. We’re gonna get’em dagnab it!

[/quote]

Your impression of the average american is uncanny.

[quote=“MHill,post:12,topic:24567"”]

The Toyota name will be a target of officials all season.

[/quote]

I doubt it considering they handed out fines/suspensions to multiple teams/brands.

If I knew the difference between anecdote and antidote my friend Billy Smith might still be alive today.

re: impression v. impersonation

ITs our job to cheat and its their job to catch us.

forgot which nascar driver said that.

[quote=“turbo ls1 ss,post:7,topic:24567"”]

but for real, i leave tomorrow night for daytona :slight_smile:

[/quote]

I am traveling down Friday.

Do you have Pit credentials by chance or just race tickets?

[quote=“Jagermeister,post:18,topic:24567"”]

I am traveling down Friday.

Do you have Pit credentials by chance or just race tickets?

[/quote]

im not sure. we went with the racetickets.com package again. we bought the pit passes last year for like 90$ a piece iirc. the racetickets.com package comes with a hotel (forgot which one, but its across the street from universal), about an hr from the track. they charter like 15 greyhounds from the hotel to the track. comes with a dufflebags full of shit, food, etc. not too shabby.

i heard they acutally oiled the intake to help create faster combustion