Porsche calls out Nissan

Cliffs: Porsche buys a US-spec Skyline GTR and their drivers can’t get within 25secs of the announced "Ring time…went public with accusations that Nissan cheated

LOL-GTR

ha awesome

I seriously cannot believe how bad nissan has fucked this whole GT-R thing up.

Its pretty bad when a nissan fan like myself would opt for a z06 over the “mighty” GT-R.

pwned

oops

hasnt there been rumors that nissan has done this in the past?

I agree. Still a cool car though.

they did it with the r33

they put non-dot approved tires on the car and took it to the ring and said it was the most bad ass thing in the world… when it wasnt

i’m seriously so tired of hearing this GTR vs. Z06 vs. ZR1 vs. Porsche vs. Yugo vs. Daewoo vs. Kia vs. what the fuck ever debate. when someone on this board actually buys one of these cars or is ready to buy one of these cars maybe then it would fucking matter.

^^ thank god somebody finally said this.

:kekegay: But automotive manufacturer drama gets us all verklempt.

It’s always in the thread title but yet you still open each and every one, then bitch.
Hmmm…

nice

stop being logical, he won’t get it :burnout:

<– knows his shit, I posted this yesterday before the Porsche report came out:

I was referencing the 11.5 @ 124mph GTR track time: “You know that was a pre-production tune that Nissan just “happened” to give out to the media, right? Its also gone 12.8@111mph tested by the same magazine team a few weeks later. They’re realistically 11.65-11.85 @ 117-120mph cars I think… at least for 15 launches, then after that they’re fair game for the flat bed”

and

"Fortunately Nissan knows how to mod them pretty well… just look at the one that they took to the nurburgring! o snap!

If anyone thinks otherwise, please watch the video of the ZR1 and the GTR synced from 0:00 on their laps. The GTR barely gave any ground to the 600+ hp 3200lb more aerodynamic car in the long straight sections when both cars were WOT. "

STFU noob

Jason has a point. If people are going to continue to yack about this stupid shit, at least keep it in one thread.

and i’m at work so i can’t read the article…spectacular. if that’s true though, that’s a huge blow to nissan’s credibility.

Why would porsche ever believe that nissan was LYING about the GTR?!

:bigthumb: So much for those 11.5 @ 124mph times from the nissan supplied cars…
(realistically high 11 sec cars at low 12 second car mphs)

I’ve always been a fan of the 911, Germany, and anything NOT from Japan. Sure the engineering is great, but I’ll take the good ole “Deutches Auto Meisterschaft” anyday. (if you’ve ever attended a PCA track day, you’d understand