toyota in nhra pro stock

rumor has it toyota will be giving their v8 a shot at drag racing. 500 plus cubic inch jap motor vs. the domestic mountain motors. round 2 of nascar truck series?

Im all for it. As it is more $ into racing, deffinitely will bring in fans and not detract fans b/c the jap motor is running under the class rules. more manufactures involved which may make other manufactures get involved so they are not left out.

hell yeah.

much better idea than letting them run turboed supra motors against naturally aspirated v8s

why is the domestic a mountain motor! its the same cubes i do belive?

that would be cool. have a level playing field for everyone. should be interesting if it happens

Nhra are not “mountain” motors. Ihra have them.

correct on the displacement. bad word choice on my part.

however, still is oign to take some getting use to. a “beer can” import vs domestics…

wonder if the toyota race department will make shit available for general public.

why,if they go by the rules,they have same cubes & wieght the same!

yeah the turbo cars want to run the mountain motor guys not the NHRA guys

johnson dont run ihra!

I like apples :boink

:confused:

no but he talks shit… that is a grudge race. the IHRA really wants to integrate the turbo 6’s into the mountain motors for the series

Oh are we back to this again?

make cars = weight & hp & run’em

then it is like nascar. weight I can understand but make as much hp as the rules allow

thats what im talking about!nhra pro stock rules!

That sounds good. Go ahead let the 4 bangers run with no power adder

the Fastest all motor 4 car runs 9.8xx i beleive

weight?

You guys kill me who the F really cares … let the import guys do there thing and the american muscle do what ever too. I drive a civic wooo wee who cares … when it comes down to weight to power the all motor imports make maybe 250-300 whp and a v8 can make 600-1000 on the motor… sooooo everyone knows the v8’s make the power but ultimatly have more weight. I say have fun, I enjoy my honda as much as you enjoy your chevy and leave it as that. So tired of this Pitt-Speed BS and ultimatly WHO CARES. I didnt build mine to take on you guys I did it cause I wanted to. And I bet 90% of the racers on here did that same thing.