New NHRA rules. wow do they suck. I guess I won't be running at NHRA tracks

GENERAL REGULATIONS
Effective Jan. 1, 2006, where a Snell-rated helmet is required in NHRA competition, the Snell 90 helmets will no longer be allowed.
— Translation: Your Snell 90 helmet is now junk.

Any vehicle that runs faster than 135 mph must meet minimum requirements for 9.99-second vehicles, which include an NHRA chassis certification, NHRA competition license, and updated safety requirements.
— Translation: After all the years you avoided having to buy the safety equipment for a 9.99 or quicker machine because your fast street car wouldn’t hook up on street tires, you now must pay.

The Protective Clothing section states which jacket and/or pants are needed for 10.00 and slower and 9.99 and quicker supercharged, turbocharged, or nitrous-equipped cars, with or without a full OEM or .024-inch steel firewall.
— Translation: …and you’re going to be buying more stuff, too.

Plastic brackets to secure bottles filled with nitrous oxide are prohibited.
— Translation: To the three guys who still used plastic brackets…get your act together.

Four-wheel-drive is permitted per class requirements; four-wheel-drive vehicles running quicker than 9.99 are prohibited.
— To all the DSM guys who’ve spent $1 million dollars each, we have no idea where this one came from.

During competition, NHRA prohibits the use of a portable computer while the vehicle is in operation. Such items as a laptop, PDA, Palm Pilot, programmer, and the like may not be installed or located in a vehicle at any point beyond the staging-area ready line. All functions or values must be preset prior to this point.
— If this rule is enforced at local NHRA Member Tracks, they can kiss ninety percent of their Grudge Night business goodbye.

Those are the highlights of the rules revisions. Let the rebuilding and buying begin.

I see “dead” DSM project cars…

:gives: :gives: :gives: :gives:

X2 you took the letters right out of my keyboard!

no I actually read what he posted. Those are some crazy fucking rule changes. No AWD cars running sub 10 sec? Thats fucking retarded.

[QUOTE=A468Bu][/QUOTE]

you suck at quoting

go get a clue

wow, the NHRA really hates Imports.

Does this include SAFC’s, Boost controllers or Power FC commanders? Technically they are programmers.

good thing none of the tracks i run at are NHRA

yeah and u suck at tryin to be a hardass just remember a few of us of seen u and know ur lucky to weigh 150 pound wet.

Who the heck still has a '90 anyhow? It’s pretty much standard that helmets are good for the current and previous 2 snell ratings.

Are test & tunes and etc. considered “competition” though?

snell 95 or bust bitches.

wow… they hate those imports. guess it’s keepin the mullet alive in 06 too.

if you cant beat em, find a way to kick them out

4wd not awd. I think they are worried about the trucks going faster than 9.99 because of the weight. And whats so wrong about more safty things? Its for your benafit. Boosted maybe you could talk to them. Tell them you only got a $10 head why can’t u use a $10 helmet.

:bowrofl: :hahano:

:bowrofl: :owned:

dude ur a fuckin idiot quit ur cryin and STFU already

[QUOTE=BoostedITR41]
During competition, NHRA prohibits the use of a portable computer while the vehicle is in operation. Such items as a laptop, PDA, Palm Pilot, programmer, and the like may not be installed or located in a vehicle at any point beyond the staging-area ready line. All functions or values must be preset prior to this point.
QUOTE]

I believe this is for national events. I don’t see you running a national event anytime soon. They don’t want these devices used for traction control purposes. As you remember there was a big stink about this, this year regaurding ignitions.

Im not cryin I can care less cuz I dont run at the track.

as they say " dont you have somebody elses car to go live through"