rules idea for pitt vs cincy

REQUIREMENTS AND SPECIFICATIONS

BALLAST
Removeable ballast limited to 100 pound in legal weight box. All other weight must be permanently attached to frame of vehicle.

BODY
Car must retain its original appearance. Body may not be altered in height, width, length, or contour. Use of lightweight body parts restricted to hood, hoodscoop, and bumpers.

Fender Splash Pans - Full inner fender splash pans are required. May be trimmed for header clearance. Aftermarket units allowed.

Firewall - Firewall must be original and in stock location.

Interior - Full interior must be retained. Upholstered aftermarket front seats permitted. Rear seats optional, but area must be upholstered or carpeted leaving no bare panels if seat is removed. Full dashboard must remain with aftermarket gauges allowed. Heater is optional.

Lettering/Decals - Sponsor contingency decals are allowed to be present on vehicle windows only. Car lettering is limited to windows only.

Wings/Spoilers - Aftermarket add-on ground effects kits, spoilers, and wings are allowed.

BRACKET RACING AIDS
The use of bracket racing aids such as optical sensors, delay boxes, down track stutter boxes, and throttle stops are not allowed.

BRAKES
Brakes required on all four wheels. Line-loc is allowed.

CHASSIS/SUSPENSION
Chassis - Stock frame rails and cross members must be retained over the entire length of the chassis. Stock cross member under engine may be altered for oil pan removal. Aftermarket bolt on direct fit replacement K-member allowed. Stock rear frame rails may be modified as needed to clear legal rear tires.

Front Suspension - Aftermarket bolt on direct fit components which alter front suspension from stock design are allowed. Sway bars may be removed. Travel limiters allowed.

Rear Suspension - May be aftermarket 4 link, ladder bar, or modified stock suspension.

COOLING SYSTEM
Radiator - An OEM production-style or aftermarket fullsize radiator is required and must be mounted in stock location.

DRIVETRAIN
Automatic Transmission - Any automatic transmission with torque converter is allowed. Transbrake is allowed. Aftermarket shifter allowed but any gear change must occur as a result of an internal function of the transmission or as direct action of the driver. Pneumatic, hydraulic, electric, etc. shifters prohibited.

Manual Trasmission - Aftermarket transmission and manual shifter allowed. Clutchless or Lenco-type transmission not allowed. Electric or pneumatic shifter not allowed.

Rearend - Any automotive type allowed.

ELECTRICAL
Battery may be relocated. Electric fans and water pump drive allowed. Charging system must be operative.

ENGINE
Any internal engine modifications are allowed. Motor plates and mid mounts allowed.

Block - Restricted to commercially available cast iron or aluminum production-based block.

Heads - Any cylinder heads allowed. Any internal modifications are allowed.

Oiling System - Any oil pan and oil pump is allowed. Dry sump oil system is not allowed.

Valve Train - Any camshafter, lifters, and valve train is allowed.

EXHAUST
All exhaust gasses emitted from the engine must pass through the muffler(s), including waste gasses on turbocharged entries.

FUEL/DELIVERY SYSTEM
Delivery System - Fuel cells, electric fuel pumps, pressure regulators, and any line size is permitted, but the fuel pump must shut off with a master electrical switch.

Fuel - Only gasoline (as outlined in the General Rules) is allowed.

IGNITION
Ignition system is unrestricted.

INDUCTION
Fuel Injection - Any electronic fuel injection permitted.

Intake Manifold - Any OEM or commerically available cast intake manifold allowed. Intake manifold may be internally modified.

Nitrous Oxide - Any NHRA/IHRA approved system is permitted.

Supercharger/Turbocharger - Single or double supercharger or turbocharger allowed. Innercooler allowed. Variable multi-speed supercharger devices prohibited. Nitrous oxide not allowed in combination with supercharger or turbocharger. Legal hood/scoop must cover entire engine and induction components.

ONBOARD DIAGNOSTICS/DATA RECORDERS
Data recorders may be used to record functions of vehicle, as long as they do not activate any function of the vehicle. Must be activated by manual separate switch on outside rear of vehicle. Data may only be reviewed after the run. Playback tachs are allowed.

STEERING
Aftermarket rack-and-pinion steering allowed.

STREET EQUIPMENT
All entries are required to have operable headlights and tail light. Brake lights, turn signals, horn, windshield wipers are optional.

TIRES
Front tires must have minimum tread width of 4.5 inches. Rear tires may either be DOT labeled or racing slicks. DOT tires are limited to maximum new tread width of 12 inches. Regardless of inflation or wear, tread width may not exceed 13 inches. Racing slicks are limited to a maximum sidewall designation of 10.5 inch width. Regardless of rim size or tread wear, maximum tread width is restricted to 11.5 inches. The tread of tires must not protude outside of the body line at the top of the tire. FWD vehicles simply reverse all front/rear tire specs.

WEIGHT BREAKS
There is no minimum or maximum weight.

WHEELBASE/WHEELS
Wheelbase -Must retain stock wheelbase and stock overhang. Variation from side to side limited to 1-inch maximum.

Wheels - Aftermarket wheels are permitted. A minimum width of 3.5 inches is required on the front rims.

damn your are deep

those r the rules for nsca-racing.com efi class!!!

but are we going to have carb cars too?

turbo exchaust exit is a ?? mufflers or not!!

pro tree with index & heads up pro tree??

am i allowed to use a co2 intercooler sprayer? (nitrous express N-tercooler)
uses either co2 or Nitrous to chill intercooler

Originally posted by 1320
am i allowed to use a co2 intercooler sprayer? (nitrous express N-tercooler)
uses either co2 or Nitrous to chill intercooler

yes i think thats in there!!!

i dont see anything about it… cars like the Mistubishi Lancer Evolution come with one stock. Only it mists water on the intercooler.

i cant open a cut out

i know pewter didnt write it …that would of taken him all week…also there is no miss spelling or smileys

Originally posted by slowcamaro
i cant open a cut out

i know pewter didnt write it …that would of taken him all week…also there is no miss spelling or smileys
i did !!!copy & paste:D

Originally posted by 1320
i dont see anything about it… cars like the Mistubishi Lancer Evolution come with one stock. Only it mists water on the intercooler.
IT IS ALOUD!!!

my wastegate dumps to the atmosphere,to hell with putting a muffler on that.

:nono: :nono:

Originally posted by brokeasskorean
my wastegate dumps to the atmosphere,to hell with putting a muffler on that.
THAT IS ONE OF THE ???WHAT DO WE DO!!!

exhuast cut outs
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

run what ya brung.

exhuast cut outs
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!:stuck_out_tongue:

:crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying:

I propose a “No 6 cylinder Camaros” rule.

i wont have a 6 cylinder camaro

i cant open a cut out

i know pewter didnt write it … there is no miss spelling or smileys

X2