New NHRA rules. wow do they suck. I guess I won't be running at NHRA tracks

[quote=“A468Bu”]

I believe this is for national events. I don’t see you running a national event anytime soon. They don’t want these devices used for traction control purposes. As you remember there was a big stink about this, this year regaurding ignitions

You could use these things in conjuction with a driveshaft counter and interupt ignition to control et. Kinda like what people do with 3 steps to control et.

[quote=“A468Bu”]

PRP was enforcing this rule this year. Dave King was asked not to run his laptop after he ran first round of eliminations with it in there one Saturday this summer.

It is ok to do during time trials, just not eliminations. I see their point, you could do alot of cheating if you wanted to. Here is the thread about it back in july
http://www.modularfords.com/forums/2003-2004-svt-cobra-terminator/whipple-track-results-from-saturday-lots-of-data-inside-31129.html

Im sure they are refering to trucks when they say 4wd, it only makes sence not to want something that weighs a couple of tons going that fast.

The helmet rule has been the same for a long time, no brainer there.

As far as the new MPH requirements, id have to look at all the new rules. I think making people adhere to the rules for 9.99 and faster because you trap 135 mph may chase alot of street car guys off the track and back on the street.

The labtop rule has been affect for along time now. That added with a driveshaft counter and some sort of ignition interupt could control ets. Ever hear of a matty box? Its now called something like “Drag race enhancer” But then again you can control ets with a 3 step also.

135 is a 9.99 pass. maybe quicker so whats the change?

In the N/A world of drag racing this stands true. You gotta remember these import guys running 10.90’s @ 135 with a big power adder

Tom, alot of turbo FWD and power adder cars run that mph in the high 11’s. No traction= slower et but big mph.

OHHH I see. :dunno: I’m still livin’ in the stone age. :embarassd It still makes sense to have the requirements at 135 mph. Speed kills.

Damn, so slow yet so fast :booty:

[quote=“A468Bu”]

your right I didn’t run a national event in october in a non-vagina heads up class unlike yourself.

and what 4wd import truck do you see either:

A. 3 tons
B. Running 9.99 or faster.

so thinking about both of these things why would they post these rule in the NHRA sport compact rules

I really didn’t want to have to run a chute this year or get a liscense.

1320- I would assume anything that can change a tune would be banned from being in the car during passes.

and what do you consider a “big” power adder. last time I checked a T3 based turbo is not big

3 things–

1st, u didnt state this was for import nhra events, so the domestic guys can chime in on those grounds that may have meant all nhra tracks. look on the bright side, u know if u can get ur fwd/rwd into the 9’s, then u got all the awd cars covered.

2nd, in the rulebook, it said for the requirements 9.9 or 135… it has allways said that. so dont see the big deal that now they want to enforce it.

3rd-- a turbo on an import is a big power adder when u think of it. going from stock 100 or 150 whp to 300+whp is an impressive jump in power. i seriously dont think a4 was being a smart ass on that one.

only thing that sucks about all this is some systems wont datalog w/o a laptop hooked up. so wtf u gonna do to see info.

Getr’ diald in before te race???

street tire class i heard of 11.8@142 (jeff evens g/f’s car) <—thats down right pathetic,im with the old school guys on this one most of these import drivers suck at driving…

dialed in or not, u still wanan know what happeend down the run so u can compare w/ other runs. think of it as keeping an electronic log book. and im anal on my log books-- from suspension setups to tire psi, eng temps all the way down. almost scientific about the shit.

I own my own shit and what I have Im happy with. U, and quik can both kiss my mother fuckin ass. I know one thing neither one of u ahve the balls to say that to my fuckin face.

dude seriously shut ur mouth because all ur doing is digging urself a big hole.

[quote=“BoostedITR41”]

if there new NHRA rules no matter import or not,they got to post the rules for the hole NHRA!

Oh really? So you ran a NHRA national event? What did u run prostock? Let me guess you beat Greg Anderson? Or maybe you beat Dave Connolly on a holeshot?

A chute? You don’t need one of those till 150mph.

Yea, I agree w/ FMFkid, no datalogging with a laptop = loose. I guess all this would be done at a test and tune not a NHRA event though. Either way, shut the screen and stick it under the seat :wink:

so what would you consider a 60-1 with a T3 turbine?
I mean that turbo is capable of over 650whp on a 1.8L-2.0L motor
considering most of these cars come with not over 200whp stock that’s a x3 times the power the car came with stock?