New NHRA rules. wow do they suck. I guess I won't be running at NHRA tracks

[quote=“BoostedITR41”]

Not to be mean Sam but your car is light years away from a chute … Hell mine is close but I just dont care to push the car anymore … get my driveline to hold the power and run deep 10’s and im done … tooooo much money and effort anymore unless your sponsored. A 9 second fwd is worthless unless you have a fat wallet being that I dont have 3K + every other race for motors and clutches. Hell if Pittspeed dudes arnt impressed with a 10 second shitbox civic then o well … its fast to me … I like driving it to the track and home after a night of fun … im a pure street car, these rules make it a drag car only soo fuck them … race nopi events or idra only for me.

i’d still not consider a 60-1 a big power adder, i’d consider anything OVER a 35R turbine GT40 wheel to be a big power adder that’sg etting into GT40’s, 42s, 60s size wheels. anything above 1000cfm is a big power adder into the 2k hp range

[quote=“SlowCivic”]

steve it would be cool but realize that the NDRA has to conform to NHRA rules on a NHRA sanctioned track so don’t even bother with atco(off the top of my head)

NDRA national event qualified 8th of 12 cars in power street and I will put 100 bucks on the fact I was the only one on pump gas.

with my times at most events last year I would have been in the top 4 but the AMS, pure tuning, and buschur evo’s showed up and ripped off low 10’s on all seasons.

thank you.

a big power adder is T4 based or larger.

bwahhhh you are no bigger than me fag what are you goin to do throw your glasses at him

power adder is a power adder who cars on if its big or not, same class for the most part, 60-1’s are pussy their so 1998 cheesfrog days

hey if that is the theory you could tell them you only spend a dollar for every tooth you have left so 10 is out of your price range.

Still need to trap 145+ for chute… thats a good 650-750 whp car and those motors do not last for shit. I understand that you need to conform to NHRA track rules thats why I dont really want to spend much more on my car. Its fast semi - competative and this year will be legal for what it is. Push it any farther … you need tooooo much shit to even be fun anymore. Hell im to the point that it isnt even fun, too much money to spend more and more and more. I built my box to run 10’s on slicks and I know I hit my goal … not time wise yet due to problems but it has a solid 10 at 140 or so in it all day. Fast for a street car on slicks or not hell I ran 11’s on street tires first time out on pump gas, and I dont need all the BS saftey stuff that will make it a shitty street car. Who can call a car STREET with oil catch pans and diapers :ugh: … BS rules if you ask me. They are crushing the sport with these rediculous rule sets but ehh it does keep us safer and the tracks safer from us.

that event at norwalk they could give a fuck less what u had they dident even know what to look for in the sport compats

steve if you hit 140mph you are goin into 9’s man

Well the car almost trapped 137 with no 2nd gear and a slipping clutch

Actually the average 9 second FWD traps 148-160 unless you get 1 solid run then blow the driveline to shit and back. But to keep parts together and get a semi-hard lanch and go time after time, the average is about 150 mph.

ehhh you can hit 9’s in the high 130’s man.

Well one of the slower Street FWD 9 second cars I have seen is Courtny Greens hatch. It went 9.8 at 145, but that man has the best of the best… axles , trans , clutch. I have stock axles, getting a new max extreme act, and just a new 2nd gear. I just dont have the money for $1600 axles , $1600 clutch , $4000 transmission. I dont drive as agressive either due to not having these things … many dont realize that for a cost of speed I launch different and cant miss gears (without blowing the gear to shit) and cant afford clutches to hold my power. So I do with what I can.

AKA if I had a twin plate I can launch off two step with boost built but ACT dont like that hahaha so I just launch without boost ehh it works I guess

well joe simpson did 10.00@135mph on a GT35R on stock axles…it can be done steve

owwh, so true

yes but andrea did that time on BFG’s Joe with 650whp in a FWD car

i did that time w/ 262whp on bfgs, thats piss poor really u could fkn not give it any gas till the 330’ and go faster than that, she was is 26" bfg’s too i cant wait to see the times i knock off on the big guys,

I.E. pro all motor 4 class at norwalk, I have a vid of them, they suck pretty bad, launch & shifting slow ect…and thats whats drag racing is about…

all these import guys think it all top end racing, and they are getting there trapping going 10.00@150, it could be dun with more traction & less power that these guys are making,that dude cory from slow motion cool dude, he wasent in the 9’s (norwalk) till the finals when vince talked him into running 4psi hot in his tires…as soon as he did bam 1.6 60’ and 9.8

look @ vince he made 205 whp and went 11.74 his 60’s was better then any of the pro’s mid 1.5’s wait till next year when he pulls out some 300+ whp were gonna see some mid to high 10s in comp 4 because he knows how to drive…
(im bored at work rambleing on)

haha hell yeah … it can be done … vince is a driving machine

If I had lsd or a spool I would use much lower air pressure too but I already blew one this past year that was enough for me. haha

yea with that kind of power u need some serious shit…im going with a spool next year! and the most extreme cheaper clutch…