New NHRA rules. wow do they suck. I guess I won't be running at NHRA tracks

how long does a 488hp plus honda last ??? can it survive a few years without breakage?

without miss-shifts and dumb driving it can last as long as any race motor

now the 600 + hp 4 cyl. dont last too long but hell thats like 300+ whp per 1 liter

nah dont get started on the liter to hp debate, because i dont care.

I was just asking about the post i made :smiley: you answered it :boink

[quote=“SlowCivic”]

I consider it really cool, its just guys like Sammy who run their mouth just to get attension on here that give you guys a bad rep. You don’t see anyone with a fast import on here talking shit because they don’t have to. :beer:

Anything that nearly doubles your HP and makes a 14-15 second car an 11 second car is a big power adder.

getem lou

SlowCivic
Hell if Pittspeed dudes arnt impressed with a 10 second shitbox civic then o well

Never said you have a shytbox, Those that do have shytboxes know who they are.

So you were not in the top 4 this year? Humm Looks like you need to step it up a bit now if you still wanna play a headsup racer. My guess next year you’ll be far far behind everyone else. Thats how headsup racing is.

hahaha no hahaha i call my car the shytbox … not saying you called it one.

:blah::blah: last time i checked i do have the balls

He keeps them in a little bag then he’s leave’s in the staging lanes, so they don’t get hurt while riding his bike down the 1/4 mile.

your right, heads up racing means atleast .5 seconds quicker every year, if not more. hell, at prp, the heads up races have droped et wise dramatically each year. 3 years ago, #8 qualifier was high 12’s (in an 8 car field). now, that is the numberer 16 car going q16 w/ top 8 in 9’s to 11’s–and this is a local event.

innovate or die.

i been so close to being done so many times, but held off due to whats the point, car would be ripped apart in a few months anyways to make progress. i miss the days of having a fun street car that ran 12’s. but the racer in me wants to go faster.

1st time i was going to do stock motor w/ pistons-- that got changed to built bottom end as why buy slugs when a rod may let go?. if rod lets go, then i’d be stuck buying slugs again. do it once, do it right…

Begining of this year, all i had to do was assemble short block, but then i got a built head for a good deal that needed new valves–like a 3k head for 700 bucks, plus another 300 in materials-- that meant no money to spend on the little shit i needed to finish… save more money…

now, i got all this shit–motor is built, all components fit as everything was mocked up–just simply reinstall everything and im done.

but…

i got a built tranny that i know wont take the abuse, as same setups as mine are killing them within 2 race days–so save more money to go automatic (3500 more dollars). steep price, but et’s are worth it-- as 5spd are runnign low 12’s to low 11’s range and the auto guys are in the 10’s and 9’s w/ same hp levels. a blown up built tranny isn’t worth dick, so may as well sell it and recoupe my money to put toward the 3500 auto tranny…

hence why im building slowly, and planning ahead, so when i come out, it hopefully runs competive but more importantly, runs consistent and dont break. difference between breaking parts because it is stock and cant take the abuse, and breaking parts because you didnt plan accordingly. I didnt mind blowing shit up when it was $50 stock parts. i got to much invested now to do that.

moral of story, everyone likes to go fast. reliable, fast, and cheap is what everyone wants. but you can only have 2 of the 3. fast and cheap–can happen, but thats not fast enough… reliable and cheap–that can happen, but ur not fast. fast and reliable–can happen, but costs money.

actually around 600whp motors can last a good while. most of the higher HP turbo 4 cars run at least one whole season on a single motor if not 2.

60ft is one thing but shifting hard is totally another. those guys baby shifts to not break parts cause they are in it for the overall points

when was the last time a pro baby shifted ??? They have spare everything and can care less when it breaks with money backing them. And a 600whp honda motor doesnt last tooo long haha a season. Thats maybe 100-150 miles hahahahahaha

most pro’s run liberty gears aka dog box configuration… so they dont break.

NHRA = Lawyers organizing a dragrace :jerkit:

the all motor guys baby because they use stock trannies for the most part or slipper clutches

most pro cars are air shifted. but the sportsman guys baby stuff a lot

I know for a fact all-motor guys dont baby shit… they cant afford to loose any rpm. Why build it to pussy shift

The sportsmen all have stock trans. but they are built via gearspeed and can take a few bangs before they get sloppy. If you read up no one has a consistantly fast car that baby shifts. They can have fast cars but it dont mean shit if you dont back it up.

richie gibson runs low 11’s all motor and baby’s he car in comp 4. infact he broke a tranny at norwalk.

dude you would be suprised. thought they all were goin to banging gears out there since it was the last race but they really weren’t

he could run 10’s if he learned to shift a little faster … all im saying is vince ran all season with quick shifts and he was consisitant as hell. Thats what wins races , slow shifting is to inconsistant to stay in the game unless your car is just that much faster that the competition.