Poor toyota has to cheat in Nascar!!!!Wonder if they'll take the wins away?

Yeah Mark always seemed like a really likeable guy, I just couldn’t bring myself to root for a Ford. Now that he’s signed on with Hendrick, I’ll have a new #2 to pull for behind my man JJ :slight_smile:

Full season for '09 and a partial in '10.

Very cool…still have a hard time rooting for Gordon but being a big Jr. fan (not a biter, my grandfater was a truck driver and rooted for Sr. since I was born and I got into it that way) I am glad to see Hendrick having a rock solid group of drivers.

I am curious if Labonte is still in the mix for Stewart/Haas

not unless they have a 3rd car, its gonna be ryan newman in the 2nd car…

Confirmed on Newman. Driving the #4 car.

Mears is most likely going to land at Childress as a new 4th team.

this is just another reason why Toyota sucks and GM will rule the world forever…

+karma for D!!!

Do you have any idea how many restrictions are placed on how to build a NASCAR engine in order to keep competition alive? If they actually had free rein to build them how they wanted, all of the manufacturers would easily be at more than double the power they make now. The reason Toyota was allowed to make more power to start this year was because they sucked so much last year. If one manufacturer is doing shitty, they get concessions to even it up. If one starts kicking ass, then they hinder them a little. The Toyota engine is by no means better.

this is true. if a manufacturer wants to use a new head etc. it has to submit it to nascar for approval and good luck with that. toyota got to start with a clean sheet and a horrible rookie season. i think you are seeing the results of a little toyota ass kissing by nascar. bye the way nascar does blow. they still build engines with flat tappet cams and carbs. give me a break!

i know, i just like to stir the pot…

Kyle Busch= :cry:&:gay:

i think NASCAR is gay… F1 is for real racing

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. – NASCAR announced on Wednesday that the Nos. 18 and 20 teams in the Nationwide Series have been penalized due to rule violations discovered by NASCAR inspectors prior to post-race testing on the chassis dynamometer Aug. 16 at Michigan.

Both the Nos. 18 and 20 cars were found to be in violation of:

• Section 12-4-A (actions detrimental to stock car racing); 8-9 (competitive analysis – from time to time, NASCAR may determine, in the interest of competition, that it is necessary or appropriate to undertake an analysis of the performance capabilities of a car, car part, component or equipment. The Competitor shall take whatever steps are requested by NASCAR Officials for this purpose. NASCAR also has the right to seal or impound cars, car parts, components and/or equipment for this purpose);

• Section 12-4-Q (1): (car, car parts, components and/or equipment used that do not conform to NASCAR rules, detailed in Section 20A of the 2008 NASCAR Rule Book, or has not been approved by NASCAR prior to the event, or is not required for the normal functional operation of the race car, or has been altered to detract from or compromise its integrity or effectiveness, whether operational or not);

• Section 12-4-K: (when NASCAR Officials mandate inspection during the Event, if any car, car parts, components, and/or equipment which have been used in the Event are taken from the racing premises without permission of a NASCAR Official, or are tampered with by any member of the team or anyone associated with the team: Magnetic spacer attached under the gas pedal with the intent of compromising the chassis dynamometer test).

Both of the drivers – Joey Logano of the No. 18 and Tony Stewart of the No. 20 – have been penalized with the loss of 150 championship driver points and placed on probation until Dec. 31. Joe Gibbs, owner of both of the cars, has likewise been penalized 150 championship owner points for each of those entries.

Both crew chiefs – Jason Ratcliff of the No. 18 and Dave Rogers of the No. 20 – have been fined $50,000 and indefinitely suspended.

From the No. 18 team, car chief Dorian Thorsen, engine tuner Michael Johnson, and crew member Toby Bigelow have been placed on indefinite suspension.

From the No. 20 team, car chief Richard Bray and engine tuner Dan Bajek have been indefinitely suspended.

In addition, the entire Nos. 18 and 20 Nationwide Series teams have been placed on NASCAR probation until Dec. 31.

funny, funny.

lol. nimrods

awesome

more money charities, it will help out alot of people.

NASCAR announced that starting this season, all money collected from fines issued to drivers will go to the NASCAR Foundation for its charitable initiatives.

“Now that the NASCAR Foundation is well established and supporting dozens of charitable organizations it is the logical place for fine money to be distributed,” said NASCAR Chairman and CEO Brian France. “We are excited to be able to work with our charities and help them develop a program that will maximize the impact they can have with their organizations,” said Sandy Marshall, executive director of the NASCAR Foundation.

Nascar isn’t even racing anymore…

I just did a Rogerian Argument for school on restrictor plates…

Basically you hold the pedal WOT and hope you either

1. Dont get caught in the mall parking lot pile up when a driver gets a little loose and nervous…

2. Hope your pit crew can get you back out there FAST.

I wanna see no restrictors on the superspeedways!!

Woooo!!! 235mph into the turns?

1 race a year should be run whatcha brung. I would actually watch that.

oooo a circle

NASCAR is still racing! It’s not as fun to watch as Rally or Formula 1, but it’s still better than soccer or baseball or f’n reality TV.

The road courses that are still in NASCAR aren’t even that popular. Every time there is a road course race, the discussion about removing them from the circuit resurfaces. It doesn’t make NASCAR horrible, you do have the option to just watch something else! The fact that NASCAR is by far the most popular form of racing in America, proves that people want simple.

People that say things like, racing is awesome but Nascar sucks, are the same kind of idiots who are married to either Domestic/Japanese/German cars.

that is pretty much it in a nutshell.

To each their own.

Off to Bristol tomorrow morning!

I’ll be sure to think of all of you as I am watching the race from the Sharpie suite while eating free food and drinking free top shelf. Woot.

MY Nascar…is pretty sweet.