Redline limiter removal?

1. I’m not sure what you mean “locally?” Are you asking if you can buy something “locally” in Toronto to raise the redline, or are you asking about programs that let you just easily raise it? Regardless, a technosquare ECU reflash can be ordered where you can have the redline increased. Of course, for just a little more money, you can get a fully user-adjustable UTEC to control those parameters yourself.

2. You’ll need to dyno that to know for sure. But honestly, I’m pretty sure that with our engine (i.e. not the REVUP) without mods like a plenum spacer, MREV,high flow cats and exhaust, horsepower starts to drop around 6600-6700 rpm, making an increased redline pointless (aka you’ll actually go slower on drag strip).

3. The stock redline is there for a reason. Going above it at anytime is risky. Fact: increased revs are more stressful on the engine internals than forced induction is, and by quite a difference, too. I know people on my350z.com who’ve increased the redline to 7000 or 7100 without too many problems (again, not worth it though unless you make the other mods that will help you make power there). Reving to 7500 rpm on our engine is something I would NOT suggest you do again: you’re just asking to snap a piston ring, or worse.

Hope that helps. :slight_smile: